RPG comics -- your favourite moments?

Aus_Snow

First Post
Mine would be the Dork Tower from Dragon 313. . . at the moment anyway. I don't even really know why, it just gets me. :lol:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Mine would be the Forgotten Realms comic book. A dwarf and centar were being chased through some sewers by a beholder, after escaping from its prison (with no weapons or armor). They couldn't find anything to defend themselves with except a rusty greatsword. They buried the sword into the wall and pulled back on the pommel. As the beholder came around the corner, they let the pommel go... WHACK! Right into the thing's eye, knocking it out for long enough to flee further. Ha! Great fun!

Ghostwind

First Post
Just about anything Order of the Stick or Dork Tower. They are both too funny to try to distinguish one incident or another.

Brakkart

First Post
Pretty much anything from The Order of the Stick and Dork Tower. I find that Nodwick is very hit and miss, same goes for Knights of the Dinner Table.

I've also had a good laugh at some of the gaming related strips in web comics like PvP and Something Positive.

As for non-comedy moments, all of the Driz'zt comics from Devil's Due are superb, and while not strictly gaming related, I was really enjoying the comic Sojourn by Crossgen before it was abruptly cancelled when the company went under.

Ohh yeah... and The Grand Tour free comic TSR put out ages back, with Elminster taking Presto from the old D&D cartoon on a whirlwind tour of Faerun was a fun read too. Was cool seeing those kids as adults (though would have been cooler still if their stats had been published in the back of the comic).

Remove ads