RPGA Worry

Eltern

First Post
Is it realistic to ask for just "D&D Classics" and expect to only run that? I'vver heard anyone talk about anything RPGA OTHER than Living, but I see that they have stand alone "have fun" adventures, which seems like my cup of tea.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Bah. For the DM, it amounts to circling the proper APL and signing his name and RPGA number on four to six pieces of paper (1 for each player) and collecting everyone's RPGA number so that the event can be reported. (And, if characters want to craft items after the adventure, there's another sheet for that).

It's actually less writing than it takes to sign a logsheet for each character and a half-dozen individual certificates (if you're lucky--in other living campaigns there are mods with a half dozen certs per character).

But otherwise, very good advice. DMing a non-convention game would help you get the feel of the system in a lower pressure environment than a con.

Duncan Haldane said:
I would recommend that you see if you can find some nearby RPGA events and DM at them before the cons, thus getting some experience with their systems. There is a LOT of paperwork in LG.

Duncan

Elder-Basilisk said:
Bah. For the DM, it amounts to circling the proper APL and signing his name and RPGA number on four to six pieces of paper (1 for each player) and collecting everyone's RPGA number so that the event can be reported. (And, if characters want to craft items after the adventure, there's another sheet for that).
QUOTE]

Actually, I was meaning all up there is a lot of paperwork in total - not purely for the DM. The DM should be familiar with the layout of adventure certs, and should ask the players if there is anything about the characters they need to warn the DM of - eg, curses.

A DM has to be familiar enough with the system to be able to look at a player's collection of paperwork, that sort of thing.

Green Regent, however, has very little paperwork.

Duncan

Remove ads