• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rpg's dieing out in our life time?

abhorsen950

First Post
Hey guys im now completley sick of wargames!! Im sick of the rising in price and then general gibberish that surrounds them. Now im looking into RPG's again because i really want to get involved in them now.

But will they die out in our life time? Is it worth commiting to or are they dieing out as we speak?

Sorry guys ive been looking into rpg's as much as i can but i would love for you guys to answer the question for me.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But will they die out in our life time? Is it worth commiting to or are they dieing out as we speak?

Huh? Like, if the game doesn't outlast you, it wasn't worth playing in the first place?

We are talking about a hobby, a passtime - not a monument to your life for which persistence beyond your demise is an issue. When you play D&D, you aren't building a company or a trust fund that you're passing down to your kids, or something. You're entertaining yourself. Entertainment is by its nature ephemeral.

Yabanjin

First Post
As long as there are two people on the planet who enjoy RPGs, they'll never die out. If I'm the last one, then I guess I'll be drawing dungeons on graph paper for my own enjoyment.

Raven Crowking

First Post
As long as you are engaged in the hobby, it has not died out. Once you are not engaged in the hobby, it doesn't really matter.

Either way, have fun with it as long as you are engaged, and stay engaged as long as you are having fun!

In the end, that's all that counts.

RC

D&D, at least, is now a part of pop culture. It may not be completely mainstream, but it is in no danger of dying. As long as there are groups of friends who want to hang out together and play games that are more than just hand-eye coordination challenges, there will be RPGs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads