RPGs prohibited in a Brazilian city...

Rashak Mani

First Post
hehe... he makes it seem like D&D is rare here... its not that bad... but the Werewolf/Vampire stuff gets more easily into some normal bookstores. RPG shops have D&D as their main brand.

Thou I must take the opportunity to say that the main distributor (DeVir) is doing a less than satisfactory job. WOTC empolyees around ? The Devir monopoly isnt doing much good for your business...

Anyone from Dragon Magazine ? You guys need to urgently get your stuff together... we dont see your mags around here in Brasilia... your missing out on selling easily 30-40 just here. If you put other cities as well your not selling 1000 to 2000 magazines in Brazil overall.

BronzeDragon

Explorer
Rashak Mani said:
Thou I must take the opportunity to say that the main distributor (DeVir) is doing a less than satisfactory job. WOTC empolyees around ? The Devir monopoly isnt doing much good for your business...

Anyone from Dragon Magazine ? You guys need to urgently get your stuff together... we dont see your mags around here in Brasilia... your missing out on selling easily 30-40 just here. If you put other cities as well your not selling 1000 to 2000 magazines in Brazil overall.

Hear! Hear!

P.S.: Você sabe se a HB ainda vende RPG? Eu morei em Brasília em 95 e era lá que eu comprava meus livros. Comprei meu Campaign Setting de Birthright aí. Boas lembranças... :)

William Ronald

Explorer
This entire situation is more than a little absurd. I would suggest that anyone from WoTC or the gaming industry reading this thread try to do something. Or at least offer a few words of encouragement to the people trying to oppose an RPG ban.

(I suppose the local city council has no real issues, like economic development, crime, and pollution to deal with. Not a slam against Brazil, just something I have noticed in government bodies in many places.)

Kaboom, babelfish is the name of a site, http://www.babelfish.com, that has language translation programs. The name babelfish is taken from the late Douglas Adams The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Instead of a universal translator, people would stick a babelfish in their ears or other auditory organs.

Rowenstin

First Post
Lordmon said:

I think Devir don´t like DnD, I really hope that WoC find another
company

I´m absolutely don´t trying to attack you, but I hope Devir dont lose the rights to publish D&D. They translate it to Spanish and publish it in spain too, and they´r doing a good work (besides the accidental and/or funny errata like misreading Jarlaxle Jarlaxe and call him Jarl-hacha in the FRCS) even selling the translated stuff cheaper than english´

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Rowenstin said:

I´m absolutely don´t trying to attack you, but I hope Devir dont lose the rights to publish D&D. They translate it to Spanish and publish it in spain too, and they´r doing a good work (besides the accidental and/or funny errata like misreading Jarlaxle Jarlaxe and call him Jarl-hacha in the FRCS) even selling the translated stuff cheaper than english´

I agree fully. Devir Spain is doing a great job. Good, cheap books in Spanish. I hope they will have the licence for many years!

Klaus

First Post
Bronze Dragon -> I'm aware of Gibiteria, and that's where I got my Ravenloft 3E. But you have to admit that having one, maybe two RPG shops in a city of more than 1 million people is a bit thin.

Horacio, Rowestin -> I'm really pleased that Devir is making a good job with spanish DnD, but let's face it: the MM is coming out in May, the DMG came out two months ago, and the PHB came out about six months after the DnD movie premiered here! And it took them all this time to come up with some of the most slacker translations I have ever found.

And in regular bookstores you can almost always find a small, cozy section on RPG: Shadowrun 2nd edition, Urban Samurai Catalog, Metagen (!!!); Vampire clanbooks; Art of V:tM (!!!); Mage the Ascenscion; some Gurps here and there; and if you're lucky, a translated PHB (but rarely a DMG).

As for magazines, there's Dragão Brasil (who started out calling itself Dragon, but had to change names after TSR released a brazilian version of Dragon that lasted six issues). But they include more Anime adaptations, and have their own system and setting (featured in a comic that has all-manga art, like a half-elf bard with blue hair, giant boobs and who dresses up in five belts!)

Remove ads