• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RSS Feed

Kosh

First Post
I am subscribed to the RSS for ENWorld, but I only receive updates when a new thread is posted. I do not receive updates when a new Daily News Blog is added, or when a new Column goes up.

I am using Google Reader (at least for the next month; any suggestions for new RSS readers?).

Any ideas as to how to get a RSS feed for the news and columns?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You've somehow gotten the forum RSS feed. The news etc. RSS feed is on the front page - the little orange RSS icon right next to "Morrus Daily News Blog".

Kosh

First Post
When I click on that button, I get the following text:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<rss version="2.0">
[Lots of text edited out here]
</rss>"

Is there a way to get the News RSS without using the orange RSS button?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The button's just a link, nothing more. When I go there I can see the RSS feed - I don't see the text you're seeing. How odd.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In Chrome, I see the correct feed (news & columns) - but it's formatted weird and has that note about styles at the top. I'm not seeing new threads on it.

Works perfectly in IE and Firefox.

I'll submit a bug report to vBulletin and hopefully a later product update will fix it.

Remove ads