RttToEE- BIG SPOILER- Help me design a combat miniature for... ahem...

Dr Midnight

Explorer
RttToEE SPOILERS, LIKE THE TITLE SAYS.
LAST CHANCE PUNK.
I MEAN IT.
Help me design a combat miniature for... Imix, prince of fire. He's going to be the climax of the whole module, so I want to make sure I have something presentable to slap up on the table when the time comes.

The challenge? He's fifty feet tall. Face/Reach: 20x20/20. That's a ten inch tall miniature.

So, obviously, I'm not going to find a little metal miniature that comes close. I'd like to avoid using a four-inch square with "Imix" written on it in crayon. I want to make something cool, if perhaps a bit cheesy.

Ideas I've had so far-

Take a Ken doll, strip that bad boy, spray paint him red, and glue rumpled pinches of orange and red tissue paper all over him.

Simply buy a mass of orange and red clay and mush it into shape, tapering little flames all over the top.

Come back to the Ken doll and cover him completely with the tissue paper, coat him with glue a'la papier mache. Hang him upside-down, leaving little tendrils of "fire" to hang downward and harden from the glue, so that standing upright the flames will lick upwards.

At any rate, I'll probably give him my old toy Voltron sword to use as his Colossal +2 flaming greatsword.

Ideas?

Grim

First Post
Two things:

Your players probably shouldn't know that Imix is the badguy, so you should probably mention that to keep them from peeking...

The other thing:

Buy a big actionfigure that has bat wings, like one from Spawn, or Xmen, or something... Then spray it with WD40 and torch it. But put it out when it is half melted.. then maybe spraypaint it... or something... that would be cool... I Know! You could do the Ken Doll, but then attach big wires to it for batwings... now thats cool...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 24,958
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 7,553

R

Rubeus Hagrid

If you can find it, often on clearance at mall toy stores, they make a 10 inch Human torch action figure with a flame-pattern cloth suit.

<Edit: Bloody Muggle Keyboards... grumble grumble....>

Attachments

• en5ider 257 snapshot Tribe of Nar Adsch.JPG
    en5ider 257 snapshot Tribe of Nar Adsch.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 27,994

Remove ads