• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Ruin Explorer (PrC)

I think it would be better to make it into an Archtype.

Honestly, I want to see more PrCs as I feel Pathfinder doesn't have enough of them. Now I admit it is a matter of taste but I see nothing wrong with PrCs, nor the excessive need some have with getting rid of them, yes Archetypes are nice but they are not the same thing.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
Honestly, I want to see more PrCs as I feel Pathfinder doesn't have enough of them. Now I admit it is a matter of taste but I see nothing wrong with PrCs, nor the excessive need some have with getting rid of them, yes Archetypes are nice but they are not the same thing.

Paizo's goal is to stay away from PrC's and keep player's into a single class all the way to 20.

Paizo's goal is to stay away from PrC's and keep player's into a single class all the way to 20.
Yes, I know, and it is one of the few things I dislike when it comes to Pathfinder. Sure give players reasons to stay in their base class but also allow them to branch out through mutliclassing or PrC.

Starfox

Hero

There is no reason (aside from time and effort, of course) that we cannot do both.

Starfox

Hero
Made a new 10-level version, using your suggestions.

If it still needs more abilities, perhaps adding rogue talents would do the trick. It certainly lets ruin explorers customize themselves, which feels very right and proper. Still, I wonder if the class really needs more power.

Ruin Explorer for Pathfinder

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Checking this archetype, it does much of what the Ruin Explorer is supposed to do. Its almost disheartening how close they are.
To be fair, those guys have been doing game design for quite a while. Since your Explorer and their Archaeologist are so similar, it stands to reason that you were on to something. ^_^

Starfox

Hero
Actually, the Ruin Explore is probably older, as it was made for 3.5 way before 4E or Paythfinder came up. But yeah, Pazio designers are professionals. That is sadly not a guarantee of quality, but most of Pathfinder is pretty good, including the Archeologist archetype. The archeologist is just so far away from what we usually think of as a bard that someone looking for it might overlook it. Same goes for quite a few bard archetypes, actually.

Nigh Invulnerable

First Post
It reminds me a lot of the Archaeologist Archetype for Bards from Ultimate Combat a lot. I'd probably steer people that way instead....I see that's already been mentioned a few times now. It's a cool idea though, and I like the 10 level progression more.

Remove ads