D&D 5E Ruins of Adventure [IC]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Balthassar nods as Cruciger asks his questions. The dragonborn was also interested in what kind of vermin they would face, and of course, if they are vulnerable to his magics.

"We are happy to help the city re-establish its former greater glory, but it would be more efficient if we knew what to expect. Do you know if there are creatures in the old city that are known to be immune to magic or blade?"

CrispinAugustus

First Post
Caius, while eager to strikeout on the coming adventure, waits patiently for what will certainly be vital intelligence. "On second thought," he smiles, "are those fees negotiable?"

Last edited:

Skarsgard

Explorer
Helios nods at Cruciger's question, what manner of foe were they facing?

"Yes, what can we expect to find so we may better prepare ourselves and plan our strategy."

The clerk distractedly nods her head as she shuffles through a ream of paper.

"Most of what has been reported by the guards and those brave enough to enter the slums are groups of lesser rabble; goblins, kobolds, a few orcs...the like. They appear to be stragglers from a much larger force. However, those in the slums are unorganized and will likely be easily taken."

Shayuri

First Post
"Lets go check it out," says the quiet woman who's apparently joined the company without even introducing herself. To the clerk she says, "We need a map, showing the blocks there's rewards for."

Ibn Khaldun

Explorer
Cruciger

Cruciger nods. "Vermin indeed. It appears my calendar is currently empty of appointments. If all are ready, shall we not depart at present and survey these slums?"

The clerk looks at Caius a little sternly, "Establish yourselves as an asset to the city and the council, and I'm certain that the fees for your services will be up to discussion. For now, however, 100 gold is all I'm authorized to pay for this commission."

She smiles broadly at Cruciger, "The council thanks you for your service to the City of Phlan, and we wish you luck. Upon clearing out the slums, the city guard will move into the area to establish barricades to maintain the safety of the block.

Will a small cry of triumph, she pulls out a somewhat rumpled map.

"This is a map of the city as it was 50 years ago. Very little has changed. We are here near the docks, what we have named the Civilized District. To the west are the slums. Further west, you enter Kuto's Well, which opens to the rest of the City."

She hands you the crumpled map.

phlanproper.jpg

Skarsgard

Explorer
"Are any of you scouts or nibble fingered enough to deal with traps?" Helios asks. "The reason I ask is that the denizens of the area may have left presents for us and though I do not wish to speak ill of those I share and ancestry with, it would not be at all unexpected."

Hefting his weapons he sighs, "Alas, I am a warrior and not skilled in the arts of subterfuge and demolitions but can leand aid in other ways. By the grace of Torm I can heal those in need, does anyone else have a similar skill?"

Ibn Khaldun

Explorer
Cruciger

Cruciger shakes his head. "I am afraid not. Perhaps one of these other good folk has experience with such things. Or else we must rely on caution, observation, and good sense to see us through."

CrispinAugustus

First Post
"I'm not the best at traps," Caius says, ignoring the clerk's stern looks, "but I know how to move about unseen. In fact, I'm happy to scout for our little band here. I wonder, however, if we shouldn't elect a leader so that we know who's in charge when the New Phlan vermin start coming down on us?" He then turns to the quieter woman who had yet to introduced herself and says, "The name is Caius. I'm from the Cormanthor Forest and a guide by trade. Who might you be?"

Last edited:

Remove ads