Ruins of the North

Taarkoon

First Post
5 out of 5 rating for Ruins of the North

Explore the lands of Eriador and the lost Realm of Arnor on this book which contains 6 scenarios than can be played independently or together as a campaign.

Dunheved

Villager
5 out of 5 rating for Ruins of the North

Ruins of the North is a collection of adventures (well, 6) that strongly use the ideas and examples of middle earth magic outlined in the supplement Rivendell for The One Ring game system. Don't get me wrong, magic is introduced already, but Rivendell really expands the use of Tolkien style magic to a similar depth that combat and travelling was in the core rules.
This anthology ( I bet that's the wrong word!) allows a Loremaster to run adventures where the magical or mystical element is centre stage. I think that several different contributors provided these tales and the result is that there is a very satisfying variety to the application of the non-physical dimension. In short it gives six different examples for LMs to use when they design their own magical elements.

Oh, of course with that variety you are more likely to have a favourite as well. I really like the final (big) adventure - and not because it features a well known major Tolkien character...

Remove ads