• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rule of 3: 29-08-11 Kara-Tur in October

Neverfate

First Post
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Rule-of-Three: 08/29/2011)

I understand the answer to number 1. I think reusing elements of a base class in a -non-traditional manner is great. It saves a lot of design space. However, the bladesinger seems wonky to me. I give WotC an "A" for effort, but it falls a little flat.

Answer 2 sounds like the usual. They want really good pitches for things during the submission process. Also, new seasons for the Sentinel Druid are planned! So that's cool.

Kara-Tur/Oriental Adventures will be October's Dragon/Dungeon theme. Will see new options for assassin and monks and a new race: hengeyokai (you guys will have to help me with that one).

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
I love the fact that all the classic and iconic Wizard spells are Daily spells, and with this overly moronic system Bladesingers can't cast a single one of them.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I am not sure how well the bladesinger will do in play and have not read that part of the NCS in detail yet.

However, their answer makes perfect sense and I think they have done that. Whether it is successful or not is another question, of course.

I think in a year we are really going to be wondering where the support is for these essentials classes. And wishing it were here.

Ryujin

Legend
Hengeyokai are shape changing animal spirits. They traditionally have a human form, an animal form, and something in between.

Remove ads