• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rulers of Mount Celestia

Imret

First Post
My apologies, as this isn't actually a post of stats, it's a request in what I thought would be the most logical place.

What I was wondering is, does anybody know there know or know where to find information on the beings that rule the layers of Mount Celestia? I'm fairly sure they're out there, and I was curious if this information existed somewhere.

Thanks in advance, if anybody can help.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
are there actually any rulers of mt. celestia? if there are, who would they be? gods? archons? solars?

Filby

First Post
The rulers of the layers of Celestia are the Tome Archons, which are described, I believe, in the Outer Planes MC Appendix and the Planes of Law boxed set for Planescape. I can't tell you much more, though I'm told that, for rulers of an entire layer of a plane, they're stupendously underpowered when compared to their evil counterparts, the Lords of the Nine. Furthermore, I don't know if any of them were given distinct personalities or unique stats, like the Nine were.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
here's all we have on these guys, from Planes of Law:

"The awesome tome archons are the high-ups for entire layers of the plane. The tome archon rulers are Barachiel, Domiel, Erathaol, Pistis Sophia, Raziel, Sealtiel, and Zaphkiel - together they make up the council called the Hebdomad. The seven members are known by their symbols as much as by their names: a lion, an ox, a dragon, an eagle, a bear, a dog, and an ass are the symbols their followers carry as signs of obedience and fealty. Their seven layers are further divided into 196 provinces, each with a warden archon as high-up."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads