• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Rules are go!

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I'm gonna ragequit over the ice storm spell making me roll two, count them TWO, different die types. What were they thinking???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Between this and advantage, they are clearly in league with [MENTION=662]thalmin[/MENTION] to sell more dice! :)

Thaumaturge.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Here's one for you: The grid combat sidebar has 4e-style 1-square diagonals as the default for movement. Of course it does mention a more realistic option in the DMG...

I assume the "more realistic" option is LARPing.

Thaumaturge.

Njall

Explorer
Fighter does double damage, rogue takes half. Seems fairly equitable to me.
They wish :p
They take half damage from a single attack per round. Useful, flavorful, but hardly anything to cry home about, especially if monsters with multiple attacks per round are in the game.

BryonD

Hero
Here's one for you: The grid combat sidebar has 4e-style 1-square diagonals as the default for movement. Of course it does mention a more realistic option in the DMG...

The realistic option is that you may not move diagonal on a 1 x 1 grid because the square root of 2 is irrational.

Obviously

Mercurius

Legend
Am I missing something or is there no table of contents? That's kind of a drag. EDIT: OK, I found the sidebar TOC. Not super-detailed but it is better than nothing.

Other than that, just taking a brief glance, I love the look of the document - the fonts, word-count per page, etc.

Callahan09

Explorer
I am extremely pleasantly surprised by the presentation and writing. I was expecing something a lot more like the playtest packets and not so... I guess I'd call it "pretty" and I like the writing style and the sidebars with examples of how the game is played and how to distinguish your character, etc. It's a really well-done document for something they're giving away for free.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
They wish :p
They take half damage from a single attack per round. Useful, flavorful, but hardly anything to cry home about, especially if monsters with multiple attacks per round are in the game.
Oh, absolutely. I like it how it makes Rogues stronger in a one-on-one situation, but isn't nearly as compelling if they're caught in a scrum. It's a good mechanical incentive to make a rogue fight like a rogue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads