• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rules For Building Golems

BAW

First Post
Here's the problem, I'd like to build a Golem and pay for some extra hitdice and a size increase, with the new hitdice. Any ideas where I can find the rules and costs for such an upgrade?

My guess is that because all constructs use the same hitdice, and these don't alter feats or skills, the cost would be the same for all Golem types.

Cheers

dcollins

Explorer
In 3.0 (and before) it was easy -- the golems all followed a standard pricing of (HD x 1.15) x 5,000 gp. (Round down first multiplication as normal.)

Mongoose had a book called "Constructs: It Is Alive" which expanded on these rules for different golem types, sizes, pricing individual feats and powers, etc. However, it was in the context of the 3.0 rules.

3.5 scrambled up all core golem prices in a different way. Not sure what the pattern is, or if any supplement has made 3.5-specific detailed construction rules.

Knight Otu

First Post
I'm not sure if that is what you are looking for, but the rules for paying for advanced golems are at the beginning of the Golem writeup, under the Construction header. From the SRD:

Note: The market price of an advanced golem (a golem with more Hit Dice than the typical golem described in each entry) is increased by 5,000 gp for each additional Hit Die, and increased by an additional 50,000 gp if the golem’s size increases. The XP cost for creating an advanced golem is equal to 1/25 the advanced golem’s market price minus the cost of the special materials required.

BAW

First Post
The thing is, using those rules a Greater Stone Golem costs 280k but in actual fact it is priced as 196k.

One day WotC will play by their own rules, or make rules that work!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads