• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rules for Infection?

Khorod

First Post
Not quite sure where this goes...

Does anyone know of or have rules for injury-infection, and such things as the results of being shot with feces-smeared arrows?

I am planning on running some adventures on the Icewall from a Song of Ice and Fire, and need the amped nastiness. :D

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
What you want is in the DMG under disease. Pick your illness, then have them roll those fort saves! If you want to be sneakier, roll them yourself and tell the PCs when they begin to feel ill a few days later.

EricNoah

Adventurer
I would start with the rules for diseases.

The purposely filth-covered arrows would be similar to how a dire rat can infect with a bite. Simply pick a disease (filth fever or perhaps red ache), and follow the rules normally.

For general injury infection .... I would say that for every day a character is below full hit points there's a chance of getting a mild infection. I'm not sure how frequently you want the untended injured to catch some sort of disease, so maybe just assign a straight percentage chance (say ... 10%) and if it happens, then again pick a low-level disease like filth fever and apply it as normal. Also you might want to allow someone with the Heal skill to keep others from getting infected.

Last edited:

coyote6

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
I'm not sure how frequently you want the untended injured to catch some sort of disease, so maybe just assign a straight percentage chance (say ... 10%) and if it happens, then again pick a low-level disease like filth fever and apply it as normal.

You could also just pick a disease (filth fever would be the most appropriate), and have 'em roll a Fort save every day/week/3 days/once per wound/interval-of-your-choice -- but give a circumstance bonus to the Fort save. If the Average Person saves on a 6 or better, that's effectively a 25% chance (per interval) of infection.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads