Pathfinder 2E Rules Question: Engulf, Constrict, Grab

CapnZapp

Legend
Several creatures do have the ability to Constrict as well as Engulf, too. Carnivorous Blobs and Giant Amoebas (who have their own sort of "Engulf" action that involves pulling something in rather than running it over) have both traits.
I googled constrict engulf site:2e.aonprd.com/Monsters.aspx and received five hits: Carnivorous Blob, Giant Amoeba, Shoggoth, Wemmuth.

So it exists but not exactly common.

PS. Sadly constrict and engulf are actions, not traits. So I see no way of filtering for them directly.

I googled constrict engulf site:2e.aonprd.com/Monsters.aspx and received five hits: Carnivorous Blob, Giant Amoeba, Shoggoth, Wemmuth.

So it exists but not exactly common.

PS. Sadly constrict and engulf are actions, not traits. So I see no way of filtering for them directly.

I just went down the list of Oozes, since those generally have Engulf. But yeah, being able to filter for actions would be a nice feature for AON.

CapnZapp

Legend
Example:

Turn 1: Monster Engulfs (2A) and then Constricts (1A)
Turn 2: Monster Constricts 3 times, (3A)
Turn 3+: Keep on squeeze'n.
It needs to be said that fighter-y heroes will not have a hard time escaping getting swallowed, even by specialized creatures.

The threat is for caster-y heroes.

This is because of the "either you've got it or you don't" nature of PF2 skills.

Remove ads