• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rules Question - Retraining

Aoirorentsu

Explorer
Hey all, so say I am interested in making a multi-class only class, such as the Spell-scarred (from the FRPG) or Noble (from Alea Publishing Group). Sorry if I missed others that are out there. Each multi-class only class has a full 1st-to-29th level array of powers.

My question I guess is how do you get access to those juicy powers in the epic tier?

By my obviously limited understanding:
- you don't get new powers from your multi-class (or paragon path) past 20th level - only your main class and your epic destiny.
- you can only retrain a power to a power of the same level or lower of the same class.

So, given these two things, how do you get access to epic-tier powers of a multi-class only class?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Mad Hamish

First Post
Not having looked at the spell-scarred I might be wrong here but my understanding is that if you have the power-swap multiclass feats (get an encounter power, get a daily power, get a utility power feats) you can change the level of the power it uses as part of the retraining process.

So if you pick up a Rogue utility power with a multi-class feat at level 10 at level 20 you could pick up a level 20 utility with it at level 20 and get a level 10 utility of your main class to replace the old one.

Remove ads