• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rules question

Aesmael

Explorer
I am having a little trouble having understanding how autofire works. In particular I am not sure if it is meant to be used as a standard (attack) action or if it can be used in part of the full attack action when the character possesses iterative attacks.

NSpicer

First Post
It's essentially a standard attack action, but if a character has additional attacks, as part of a full round attack, he can make multiple autofire attacks in that same round.

My two-cents,
--Neil

Ranger REG

Explorer
Aesmael said:
I am having a little trouble having understanding how autofire works. In particular I am not sure if it is meant to be used as a standard (attack) action or if it can be used in part of the full attack action when the character possesses iterative attacks.
It's an attack OPTION. You can either make a single-shot attack with a firearms (almost any), a double-tap attack with a firearms with semiautomatic mode, or an autofire attack with a firearms with automatic fire mode.

So, if you're a 6th-level Strong Hero (BAB +6/+1), you can make one autofire attack as an attack action or two autofire attacks as a full-round action.

NSpicer

First Post
So, if you're a 6th-level Strong Hero (BAB +6/+1), you can make one autofire attack as an attack action or two autofire attacks as a full-round action.
And, if you have the Burst Fire feat, you can make a targeted autofire attack against a single opponent rather than the less accurate hail of bullets into a 10 x 10 area. And, the Strafe feat allows you to change that autofire area to 5 x 20.

These feats ultimately stack with the full-round autofire attack option in the sense that the 6th level Strong hero in Ranger REG's example could use his first attack to do a regular autofire Strafe of a 5 x 20 area and then follow that up with another autofire Burst at a single, tougher target with his second attack.

Let the firefight begin, :]
--Neil

Remove ads