• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Running Shadowrun in D&D 4E

whydirt

First Post
You could always steal from the "weapon breakage" rule from Dark Sun and tweak it for ammo usage.

Any time a PC rolls a natural 1 on an attack, they can get a free reroll at the cost of using up their ammo. You might need to tweak this a bit, but it would add the ability to run out of ammo in your game, but on the PCs' terms.

Dias Ex Machina

Publisher / Game Designer
I will admit Amethyst does not offer you a dodge for ammunition. We do this because of the unique situations you may be involved in regarding ammunition and how it cannot be properly expressed with a save roll or a random element. It can't explain offering clips to allies or what happens if you scavenge a weapon and use it right away. So we just offered the rules without any gimicks, letting the game decide on whether to ignore them or not. I know my group has had no problems tracking ammo.

On the alternative though, we don't waste people's time by making them track ammo weight or how many bullets you can feasibly carry. We let common sense take over...

Since Amethyst was at one point constantly compared to Shadowrun (that stopped when our game got released and people actually read it), converting Amethyst to it should technically be super easy. Ignore disruption rules and you're good to go. Next book will have more options. If you want cybernetics for 4th Edition though, you'll have to wait for Ultramodern4 early next year. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads