• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S.I.T.R.E.P from Black Lion Games -- streamlined roleplaying without all the fluff!

PrometheanVigil

First Post

S.I.T.R.E.P is a
...new-school
...modular
...lightweight
...accessible
approach to roleplaying games.

Buy @ DriveThruRPG for only £7.99!
(That's less than a London takeaway -- now isn't that just a cracking deal.)

What is S.I.T.R.E.P?

A lightweight, accessible RPG system intended for groups with less time for heavier systems, for those GMs looking for a streamlined but mechanically-rich RPG system to use for their next game, or for introducing new players to roleplaying games without dropping them in the deep end.

How does the system work?

This system is d10-based and uses a single d10 for resolving everything. It uses simple math that doesn't require massive lookup tables or deep knowledge of obscure mechanics to build a functional character. Chargen is straight-forward -- fully completable in less than five mins.

How is the game designed?

It is a component-based system and aims to be loosely coupled, encouraging customization by gamemasters without worrying about breaking the rest of the system. Gameplay mechanics are implemented within an inheritance structure with the aim of avoiding exception-based ruling as much as possible -- mechanics applied one way are used similarly elsewhere. The system is designed with a mechanics-first ethos, aiming for great gameplay regardless of the setting.

Can I use my own homebrew with it?

Can be used with your own homebrew settings along with official Black Lion Games published settings (our first one to be published in the near-future!). The book is compact: 50+ pages of pure content. It is focused solely on gameplay mechanics and rules so you can easily layer your setting on top of it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads