S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black - need one PC

Redclaw

First Post
I couldn't put it off after all. Those students don't really need their tests back tomorrow, right?
Anyway, here he is. I will resist the urge to write his backstory tonight, as I need to get some sleep so that I can come up with some excuse for not having those tests done. :D

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Thanor Spikeshield
[B]Class:[/B] Knight 7/Dwarven Defender 1
[B]Race:[/B] Dwarf
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Lawful Good
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)         [B]Level:[/B] 8        [B]XP:[/B] 28,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)         [B]BAB:[/B] +8/+3      [B]HP:[/B] 110 (8d12+40+3)
[B]Con:[/B] 20 +5 (8p.)         [B]Grapple:[/B] +10    [B]Dmg Red:[/B] NA
[B]Int:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)         [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] NA
[B]Wis:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)         [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +2 (8p.)         [B]ACP:[/B] -6         [B]Spell Fail:[/B]--

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +9    +4    +2    +0    +0    +0    25
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 23

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      4    +5         +9
[B]Ref:[/B]                       2    +2         +4
[B]Will:[/B]                      7    +0         +7

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
+1 Shock Dwarven Waraxe   +11    1d10+3+(1d6)  x3
MW Dagger                +11     1d4+2      19-20/x2
Spined Shield (3/day)    +11     1d10       19-20/x2         120’

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Dwarven

[B]Abilities:[/B] Knight’s Challenge (5/day), Fighting Challenge (+2), Shield Block (+1), 
Bulwark of Defense, Armor Mastery (medium), Test of Mettle (DC 15), 
Vigilant Defender, Shield Ally, Defensive Stance (1/day)

[B]Feats:[/B] Dodge (1st), Mounted Combat (Knight bonus), Shield Specialization (3rd), 
Endurance (Knight bonus), Toughness (6th)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 14       [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 10/45
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Climb                      5    +2          +7
Craft (Armorsmithing)      2    +0          +2
Handle Animal              2    +2          +4
Intimidate                 5    +2          +7
Ride                       2    +2          +4

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
+1 Keen Dwarven Waraxe 8330gp   8lb
MW Dagger               302gp   1lb
+1 Full Plate of 
    Nimbleness         5800gp  50lb
Spined Shield          5580gp  15lb
Crystal of Arrow 
  Reflection (lesser)  2500gp  
Greatreach Bracers     2000gp  --
Heward’s Handy
    Haversack          2000gp   5lb
Whetstone
20 Tindertwigs         20gp  
4 Sunrods               8gp    (4lb)
50’ silk rope          10gp    (1lb)
2 Thunderstones        60gp    (2lb)
2 flasks acid          40gp    (2lb)
2 vials antitoxin    100gp
Clay Tankard            2cp    (1lb)
MW Artisan’s tools     55gp    (5lb)
3 Potions CLW         150gp

[B]Total Weight:[/B]79lb      [B]Money:[/B] 42gp 9sp 8cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                58    116   175   350   775

[B]Age:[/B] 54
[B]Height:[/B] 4’3”"
[B]Weight:[/B] 166lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Gray
[B]Hair:[/B] Black
[B]Skin:[/B] Weathered

Thanor looked up at the fortified entrance to the Darkshine Delve, his home for the past ten years. So this is what it comes to, he thought. Ten years of putting everything we have into this effort. Ten years of isolation from clan and country, and now we leave as if we have no claim to the very rock we have worshipped for those long years. There was nothing but a bitter disgust with the necessity of the elders’ decision.

With nothing else to offer, Thanor turned to look at the line of wagons headed further down the mountain’s slope and remembered what was really important. The delve was home, but these were his people, his charges. These were the dwarves that it was his calling to protect, and he couldn’t help feeling that he had failed. He couldn’t get rid of the belief that if he had been able to protect Galren and Belan that they would all be safe and comfortable beneath tons of rock.

Instead, they were headed out into the wilds of Xen’Drik, returning to Stormreach and from there to Khorvaire. Instead they were going to admit defeat at the hands of barbaric, disorganized giants.

His gaze was weighed down by more than his 54 years, and even his ever-present spined shield seemed dulled by the resignation he was feeling. Finally, he spurred his mountain pony down the trail, determined to at least make sure that all of his charges made it back to Stormreach alive. Once he got them to relative safety he could worry about his next step.

Whatever it is, it will be the first step on my path back to this place, he thought, no room for negotiation in his heart.

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
@ Frostrune: I'm not saying that your warforged wouldn't be considered, just wanting to give you a heads up that the party doesn't have the traditional healer type.

Cool.

I will keep my hat in the ring if it is all the same then. I should be able to post something more complete tomorrow as well.

Thanks,

Frostrune

Wedge. When you first look upon him you imagine the name is roughly derived from the shape of his head. The truth is he was dubbed 'Wedge' by his first commanding officer for his strength in holding the point of attack. The name has sort of stuck with him through his various commands and seems to be a lot easier for humans to relate to than C5-13-6-B12 (Cyran 5th army, 13th Legion, 6th command, Black squad, #12).

Wedge is a survivor. He cut his 'metaphoric' teeth in countless battles for the Cyran 5th army throughout the later stages of the Last War accumulating horrrendous ammounts of damage and battles scars to his once shiny adamantine carriage. None of these external scars however match the loss and devastation he witnessed on the Day of Mourning. One minute he was in the midst of a heavy fight with Darguun skirmishers on Cyre's western border the next he was face down in an ashfilled crater in a land that had wholly changed.

He had no memory of what had happened. He had no idea how much time had passed. Wedge simply 'awoke' and crawled from the crater into a hellish landscape of scorched earth, ruin, and death. The sun was gone. In its place was an eternal gray pall of smoke, ash, and shadow that obsured vision and played tricks with distances.

He stumbled about that ruined land for uncounted days completely lost. His eyes bore witness to countless horrors and thousands of dead still warm and bleediing as if they had died only moments ago. Eventually he would stumble out into what would become the 'nation' of Darguun where he was captured by the hobgoblins and 'sold' to the House Deneith enclave.

Wedge would finish out the war in the service of House Deneith. It was there he learned that Cyre was no more. That everything he knew was gone. Surprisingly this left him hollow and lost. What was his purpose now?

The question would linger with him beyond the end of the War. After the Treaty of Thronehold ended all hostilities and freed his kind from servitude, Wedge elected not to continue his service to House Deneith at a fair wage. He simply wandered trying to find his way in this changed world.

The fighting may have stopped but the old hatreds and biases of Korvaire were too hard to overcome. He eventually made his way to Xen'Drik, and the rogue City of Stormreach hoping for a new life; or at least a new direction or purpose.

For the past serval months Wedge has made a living pit fighting in one of Stormreach's many 'underground' arenas. He has embraced a more 'primal' self and uses the violence as an escape from his lonely and confused existence.

‘Wedge’ Male personality Warforged FTR 6/ BRB 2

Str 21 (17 base, +1 4th, +1 8th, +2 enhancement)
Dex 13
Con 16
Int 10
Wis 12 (14 base, -2 racial)
Cha 6 (8 base, -2 racial)

HP 89 (6d10 +2d12 +24 CON)

Fort 13 (8 +3 CON +2 RES)
Ref 5 (2 +1 DEX +2 RES)
Will 5 (2 +1 WIS +2 RES)

BAB +8

AC: 26 (+8 adamantine body, +2 enhancment; +2 large shield, +1 DEX, +1 DEF)

Init: +1

AL: N

MV: 25’

Attacks: +16/+11 (+2 heavy mace, 1d8+9)

Class: Rage 1/day – 8rds, +10 ft movement, uncanny dodge

Race: Immune to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, & energy drain; healing spells are only ½ effective; cannot heal naturally; disabled <0 hp; does not eat sleep, or breathe; light fortification (25% chance to negate critical hits), natural slam attack (d4)

Feats: Adamantine body (DR 2/ adamantine), Power Attack, Cleave, Weapon Focus (Heavy Mace), Weapon Spec (Heavy Mace), Improved Bull Rush, Three Mountain Style (hit same opponent more than once per round, FORT DC 19 or nauseated in pain for 1 round)

Skills: (Ranks/ Mod/ Misc) Total

Survival (6/1/0) 7
Spot (5/1/0) 6
Listen (6/1/0) 7

Possessions:
+2 enhancement to Adamantine Body
+2 large steel shield
+2 heavy mace
+2 enhancement bonus to fists (Gauntlets of ogre power)
+2 Cloak of Resistance
+1 Ring of protection
Potions: RLW x 3, enlarge person, protection vs evil
Shortspear
Dagger
Everburning torch

Belt pouch – whetstone, flint & steel, signal mirror, 5 gp

Backpack - hemp rope 50’; grapnel

Languages: Common

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Vanifae said:
I will have up a Level 8 Elf Paladin I would like to try.

I'm generally partial to paladins, but one of the PCs is Evil (4 are NG, 2 are CN, 1 is NE), which makes adventuring with a pally a bit tough.

Mellubb

First Post
I am 90% complete with the character sheet. I would like to know what you had for her background, physical discription etc.. Please let me know. if need be you can email me at hojo3586@hotmail.com

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Sandflower
[B]Class:[/B] Fighter6/Barbarian1
[B]Race:[/B] Half Giant
[B]Size:[/B] Med
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Alignment:[/B] CG
[B]Deity:[/B] 

[B]Str:[/B] 18 +4 (10p.)    [B]Level:[/B] 7        [B]XP:[/B] 
[B]Dex:[/B] 14 +2 (10p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +7         [B]HP:[/B] 78 (1d12+3 6d10+18)
[B]Con:[/B] 16 +3 (6p.)    [B]Grapple:[/B] +11     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] XX/XXXX
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX
[B]Wis:[/B] 8  -1 (0p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +2        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X
[B]Cha:[/B] 8  -1 (0p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -1         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] XX%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +7    +0    +2    +0    +0    +0    19
[B]Touch:[/B] 12              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 15

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      5    +3          +8
[B]Ref:[/B]                       2    +2          +4
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    -1          +1

[B]Weapon 	                 Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Large Long Sword (Sharpy) (TWF)		+13/+8(+11/+6)     2d6+7     	17-20x2
Large Long Sword (Flamie) (TWF)		+13/+8(+11/+6)     2d6+7+1d6(Fire) 19-20x2     

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Giant

[B]Abilities:[/B] Rage 1/day, Fast Movement, Fire Acclimated, Low Light vision, Powerful Build, Giant, 

[B]Feats:[/B] Skill Focus(Craft(Weaponsmith), Weapon Focus (LongSword), Two Weapon Fighting, Power Attack, Weapon Specialization (Long Sword), Oversized Two weapon Fighting, Greater Two Weapon fighting

[B]Skill Points:[/B]        [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 10/5
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Craft(Armor Smith)          10    +1      +2    +13
Craft(Weapon Smith)         10    +1      +5    +16
Climb		            10    +3      -1    +12
Jump			    10 	  +3	  -1    +12

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
- backpack		    2	  2
- flint and steel	    1	  
- spade 	            2	  4
- MW Artisan's Tools	    55    5
- silk rope		    10    5
- Grappling Hook   	    1     4
- Bedroll		    .1    5
- Cure Mode poitions(6)     1800  
- 

[B]Total Weight:[/B]60lb      [B]Money:[/B] 6gp 9sp 0cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]             100	200	300	600	1500

[B]Age:[/B] 
[B]Height:[/B] 
[B]Weight:[/B] 
[B]Eyes:[/B] 
[B]Hair:[/B] 
[B]Skin:[/B] 

[B]Appearance:[/B] 
[B]Background:[/B] XXXX

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
OK, after looking over the entries (and thanks to Redclaw, Melubb, and Frostrune for your interest!), I've decided to add the dwarven knight/dwarven defender, as it is a good fit with the current party.

With that said, if Melubb and Frostrune are interested in being alternates for both Team Black and Gold, I will create an alternate RG to host your PC's until such a time that they may be needed.

Again, I appreciate your interest and time/effort that went into creating your character!

Redclaw, please add Thanor to the RG (link is in my sig) for Team Black!

Redclaw

First Post
Thanks, S@squ@tch. I hope Thanor and I can earn our keep with Team Black.

As for Mellub and Frostrune, don't ignore the thread. My dwarf's entire reason for being is to draw all of the enemy forces in sight down on his head alone, ignoring other targets. A few giants with their huge damage output and it's only a matter of time before he's flattened beyond healing. You might get called up sooner than you think. :D

Mellubb

First Post
Congrats Redclaw. Sasquatch I have been with Redclaw on here a few times now. You made a good choice. That being said I am completely willing to be an alternant. I know she doesn't have the best AC but, I was looking to max damage output. Anyway good luck with the campaign and I hope all goes well.

Remove ads