S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I'm guessing there are more of them in there," Ipshivi chirped. "Let's clean out that room and fall back to a better position." Even as she spoke, she hurled a swirling handful of arcane energy at the ogre- and she became visible, if only for a moment...

OOC: Eldritch blast at the ogre, +13 ranged touch, 3d6+1 (halved) point blank; using a second daily charge from her bracers- half base damage, but if it hits and does damage, the ogre is Entangled for 1d3 rounds and takes 1 HP per round Entangled...

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Morika turns from the giants toward the commotion in the hall. She steps out and hacks at nearest wolf trying to get it off wizards back.

She growls something that almost sounds like words.
[sblock=Fey language growled out]
Back beast or I'll have your hide for cloak !
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move to BB52
Slash at the wolf: Scimitar attack; Damage (1d20+12=15, 1d6+6=11)
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Round n+2

Initiative:

17 - Wolf #5 - Bite Aeranduil HIT for 15 damage, trip check FAIL
17 - Wolf #10 - Bite Voadam HIT - destroyed image, AoO on Voadam HIT (crit confirmed) for 26 damage
17 - Ogre #7 - Entangled, pull javelin, throw at Aeranduil MISS
16 - Sanne - Attack Wolf #5 - 1 HIT for 13 damage
16 - Thanor - Attack Rosie #10 - 1 HIT for 11 damage
14 - Hill Giant #11 - Unseen Action
14 - Rosie #8 - Unseen Action
14 - Rosie #10 - Test of Mettle Save FAIL - Attack Thanor - 2 MISS
14 - Rosie #11 - Test of Mettle Save FAIL - Unseen Action
12 - Voadam - Move to BB51 via BA52. AoO from Wolf HIT (crit confirmed)
11 - Ipshivi - Attacks Wolf #10 - Eldritch Blast HIT for 11 damage
8 - Morika - Attack Wolf #10 - 2 HIT for 20 damage
7 - Aeranduil - Trip check PASS - Attack Ogre - 2 HIT for 48 damage
3 - Yoggrith - 5' to AZ51, Cast Death Knell, defensively, on Giant#17, Will save for giant FAIL

The wolf to the north lunges at the archer, and latches on with his powerful jaws -- he attempts to drag him to the ground, but the elf nimbly is able to step out of the attempt.

The other wolf bites at one of the many images of Voadam, destroying one in the process, but not finding the real wizard. The remaining images float about and through themselves once again, thereby resetting the confusion.

Meanwhile, the ogre to the north stand rooted to the floor and retrieves another javelin from his quiver, but his throw is uninspired and goes nowhere near anything living.

Sanne lunges at the wolf threatening her and Legolas Aeranduil -- she catches it with its guard down on her first strike, plunging the thin blade through its furry hide. It staggers, then drops onto the floor, tongue hanging out of its mouth, but still breathing.

The ogre behind it calls out,"Dvarthika NOOOOOO!"
[sblock=Giant]
"Fluffy!! NOOOOOO!"
[/sblock]

The only visible giant in the room continues to hack away at Thanor, driven on by his compulsion of mettle. But her club swings wildly, at least, as wild as it can, within the webbing.

Thanor retaliates, cutting another wound upon her thigh with his own axe -- lightning crackling along its edge.

The visibly upset ogre does not have much time to mourn, as Aeranduil fires a trio of arrows at him, the first two strike him in the chest and abdomen, respectively, and he falls to the ground, dead.

Meanwhile, inside the room, Yoggrith steps closer to the dying male giant hanging in the webbing. Saying a quick prayer to his lord, he reaches out a hand enveloped in a dark gray shadow -- as he touches the giants body, the shadow seems to come alive and begin to consume the remaining life force of the giant -- it then surges back to the armored half-orc whose body clenches involuntarily for a moment as it absorbs the energy.

Voadam realizes that his current placement in the battle is ludicrous and decides to relocate to more unthreatening environs. He looks around, keeping an eye on the foaming muzzle of the wolf in front of him, and takes a chance that the wolf will destroy another of his images.

Unfortunately, the wolf guesses true. Unfortunately, the wolf's jaws latch unto real flesh and tear a large portion of the wizard away from his body. Staggered and bleeding profusely, he makes it inside the door to the room full of webs and stares at Yoggrith. "Heal," gasps the wizard,"Please."

Morika now really digs into the wolf slashing furiously -- catching the beast twice with her scimitar.

"Mage, retreat!"

Still keeping most of her attention on the door to the north, Ipshivi found enough time to hurl an arcane dart almost straight down at the still-mobile wolf -- inflicting more wounds on the creature, but it stays on its feet, the blood and flesh of the green wizard still fresh in its snarled teeth.

OOC:

Condition Summary:

Voadam: (3/43) - Mage Armor (~ 6 1/2 hrs), Wall of Ice (56/70 rounds), Mirror Image - 4 images (69/70 rounds)
Yoggrith: (95/90) - Spikes (~ 7 1/2 hrs), Bear's Endurance (43/80 rounds), +2 STR, +1 CL, 5 temp HP from Death Knell (120 minutes)
Aeranduil: (49/64)
Sanne: (45/65) - Giants Bane Infusion (162/200)
Morika: (64/66) - Barkskin (760/800)
Ipshivi: (46/46) - Spiderwalk
Thanor: (73/110) - Entangled, loose

Hill Giant #11 - Entangled, slowed, total cover, loose
Hill Giant #17 - Entangled, loose, 132 damage, dead
Rosie #8 - Entangled, total cover, stuck
Rosie #9 - Entangled, slowed, loose, dead
Rosie #10 - Entlanged, loose, 33 damage
Rosie #11 - Entangled, total cover, slowed, stuck
Ogre - Entlanged, 54 damage, dead
Wolf #10 - 42 damage
Wolf #5 - 54 damage, prone, unconscious

Gray area is Web

Attachments

• Steading 4-7.13.jpg
    Steading 4-7.13.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil continues to focus on the great, savage wolf, determined to slay it and its ogre master.

AC 23, HP 49/64

Initiative +6 - Initiative Roll: 07
Full attack using Close Combat Shot to avoid AoO, plus Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot and Adjust the Range/Woodland Archer.

3 arrows: +15/+10/+15 (1d8+7) vrs wolf 5. If the wolf 5 dies, the additional shots will be against the ogre (add +2 to attack bonus, and 2d6+4 to damage against giants).

Note: I just realized I haven't been giving Aeranduil his +2 favored enemy damage bonus against the giants!

[sblock=Adjust for Range]
Adjust for Range – If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, you gain a +4 bonus on all other attacks in the same round to hit the same foe.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For S@s]The funny thing is I had it noted on his sheet originally, and then lowered the damage because I couldn't figure how I'd calculated the extra +2 damage! LOL. Good thing I'm edjamakated.[/sblock]

Remove ads