• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

S@squ@tch's Against the Giants - Team Black

Voadam

Legend
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Hells, that sounds like giant's footsteps," she says, her hand on the sickle at her belt.

"Or a giant beastie." Voadam adds then begins to cast a minor ward upon himself (mage armor).

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi heard something coming all right- and she could tell her companions had as well, so there was no need to waste her breath in crying a warning. She scampered in the direction of a convenient tree, looking for a good vantage point, then used one of her arsenal of wands to boost her speed for a brief while. Whatever it was, though, she chose her route badly, for one of the trees blocked her line of sight momentarily.

OOC: Move 20 feet towards the nearest tree, in whatever direction it sounds like the noise is coming from; activate Wand of Expeditious Retreat (charge 1 of 50- lasts 1 minute). Ipshivi has darkvision (60 feet) as well as See Invisible, from her See the Unseen invocation- too bad she rolled a "1" for her Spot check. Listen +12= 28/Spot +8= 9/Initiative +8= 22; rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1542373/

s@squ@tch

First Post

Initiative:
23 – Morika
22 – Ipshivi
20 – Giant Humanoid
19 – Sanne
18 - Voadam
13 – Yoggrith
12 – Aeranduil
8 – Thanor

While the elf runs for cover in the short brush nearby, Yoggrith calls upon the strength of the shadow to bolster himself.

Thanor and Sanne ready their shields and weapons, while Morika peers intently into the trees, fingering her sickle.

The invisible Halfling makes a run for the closest tree and activates a wand, but unfortunately, her view of where the sound was emanating was blocked by the side of a tent.

The loud thumps continue, sounding as if they are growing closer, and the sound of brush and tree limbs straining against something can be heard. With a loud whoosh, an enormous form comes into view. Standing at over 18 feet tall, the misshapen biped has a third arm sprouting from the middle of its chest.

All three arms hold giant morningstars. It looks over the group gathered in the clearing and lets out a large snarl, a look of malice in its eyes.

Spells Active:

Yoggrith -- Bears Endurance (80 rounds)
Voadam -- Mage Armor (7 hours)
Ipshivi -- Expeditious Retreat (10 rounds)

OOC: No surprise round. Actions for round 1?

Attachments

• giant.JPG
    giant.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 59
  • round 1.JPG
    round 1.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 68

Rhun

First Post
Aeranduil, elven ranger (HP 64/64, AC23)

Noting the unmistakable malice in the massive creature's eyes, Aeranduil wastes no time, and puts Taurionamarth to work. The skilled archer quickly fires a trio of arrows toward the foe from the cover of the underbrush.

If Giant: Rapid Shot vrs Giant +16/+11/+16 (1d8+10+2d6 bane) [+1 attack and damage within 30']

If NOT Giant Rapid Shot +14/+9/+14 (1d8+6) [+1 attack and damage within 30']

Also, Adjust for Range from Woodland Archer feat: If you miss a foe with a projectile weapon, all subsequent attacks in same round gain a +4 attack bonus to hit the same foe.

Redclaw

First Post
Thanor, AC 25 (29 vs giant), HP 110/110, F+9, R+4, W+7

Get behind me, Thanor growls as he moves to attack the giant. He willingly trades blows, accepting a swing of the gigantic club in order to get close enough to unleash a mighty swing with his axe.

[sblock=ooc] Move into melee range if possible, taking the AoO for moving through its threatened square, then attack at +11 to hit, 1d10+3+1d6 shock damage.

The lone visible enemy is the target of his dodge and shield block abilities, boosting his AC by 2 against its attacks. [/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=For Redclaw]
I'm sure you know, but if Thanor uses the Charge action, he avoids AoOs. He also gains +2 to attack, though his AC is at -2 for the rest of the round. :)
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Rhun said:
[sblock=For Redclaw]
I'm sure you know, but if Thanor uses the Charge action, he avoids AoOs. He also gains +2 to attack, though his AC is at -2 for the rest of the round. :)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rhun] Yeah, but looking at the map he'd be charging through a fire to get to where the giant is likely to be. [/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Unless Sanne gets the impression that despite initial appearnces, the monster she sees is not of the giant subtype, she spends an action point to infuse her rapier with the giant bane property in a round, rather than the minute it would normally take.

"If you say so, dwarf." Sanne says, "But don't expect that I'll stay here. I just have one thing to finish before I try my blade against something three times my height..."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Morika's whole frame seems to bulge and swell with muscle, ram's horns emerging from her skull even as her skin thickens like the hide of a bear. Roaring, energy bursts out from her in every direction, and those around her can feel their flesh tingle with earth energy. Grinning savagely, knowing now that her and hers are going to be that much harder to kill, Morika puts her head down and begins to charge for the massive brute!

OOC: Shift as a free action, cast mass lesser vigor as a standard action, and move 30' closer to the giant as a move action.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Ipshivi breathed a soft curse as she saw the tops of the trees waver- over the blockade of the tent. She couldn't really see the creature from her vantage point, but it had to be big- maybe they had found their first giant. Still, there was no sense getting all caught up in fighting one target, when there might be other threats lurking about. Using her newly enhanced speed, she scampered across the open ground of the campsite, scanning for other potential problems.

OOC: Full move, around the tent and up behind the rock (?)(15 across, 8 down); free action to make another Spot (+8= 22) and Listen (+12= 20) sweep for anything else; rolls http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1542797/

Remove ads