S2: War in Vastermarch - Completed

Someone

Adventurer
"You too?" says a young boy standing next to Talbin. "I hope nobody else comes asking for passage, the boat looks small enough"

Someone

Adventurer
"I was talking about myself." says Nodis. "I spoke with the captain before, he was a halfling too. Or at least I think he was the captain. He was with one of those heavy dwarves with heavy acent."

"Wait a moment, weren't you too at the red dragon inn before? I didn't recognize you at first, there days there are much more people there than I remember being usual."

Someone

Adventurer
"The captain and the dwarf were at the Dragon too, and should be here before long. Three of you suddendly going to the north? Am I missing something?"

rln

Explorer
An older halfling walks approaches the railing. "Ah. Landlubbers...". He comes down to the pier to greet you. "Passage to Västermarch? You've come to the right ship. We've space for a handful of travellers, and can even fit in your fine mounts... provided that you take care of the cleaning. It'll cost you fourty gold shimmies."

Behind them, Ogrin comes walking out on the pier. He starts speaking with the captain in halfling:

[SBLOCK=Spoken in Halfling]"Ahoy there, captain Wick. Permission to come aboard?"

"Certainly, master Ogrin. Is master Rasereit coming as well? These two gentlemen have asked for passage to Västermarch..."

"Ah, yes, Razh is on his way.

I sent the human here. Razh claims he can be useful. The tall one here, I haven't seen before, but he looks like he could be a good addition to the crew."
Ogrin sizes Talbin up "He seems able-bodied enough to help out with the oars, if needed."[/SBLOCK]The captains face darkens somewhat during the conversation. Ogrin then disappears below the ship, and the captain turns bacl to you. "Ah, well. Since the owner of the ship declares you'll be 'useful' during the trip, you can ride for free. But you'll be expected to follow my commands. You'll sleep with the crew, with the horses or on the deck."

OOC: The standard map puts the northernmost city on the coast of Västermarch about 400 miles from Orussus. Sailing through the day and night at standard speed means it'll take 8 days to get there and we'll arrive at the end of the day. Standard fare is 1sp/mile.

Ogrin is a pretty bad businessman when it comes to his ship, which is likely why it doesn't yield any profit. :) Captain Wick is just an ordinary NPC, and I'll let Manzanita NPC him and the crew from here on if anything happens. There's some more info on the ship on my character sheet (see link in signature).

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin thanks Ogrin for the generous offer to work for his passge, gladly holding his gold in his pouch. He comes abord with his mule, leaving it with the other mounts.

rln

Explorer
Ogrin seems surprised at Nodis' knowledge of the Halfling language, but says nothing more of it. "Substitutes? Depends on the kind of substitutes... as long as you're not summoning demons or raising the dead to help, I think you'll do fine."

OOC: Hmm, a ship piloted by astral servants, now that's an interesting idea. Might cause the ship to be rumoured to be haunted, though :)

EDIT: Just so you know... if this party joins up with the S1 party in full, there'll be four psionic characters, four halflings and four redheads in the combined party. :)

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"What? No, no demons or undead. I told you I'm not a wizard."

ooc: Actually the S1's party's psion is right now at -14, which is too much even for an Elan. Looks like he got overconfident with Hostile empathic transfer and was mauled by a lion. I don't have Hostile empatic transfer, but have the complete Astral construct set, so my combat diet is something like sausage and construct; construct, egg, construct, construct, bacon and construct; construct, construct, construct, egg and construct; construct, construct, construct, construct, construct, construct, baked beans, construct, construct, construct and construct.

Remove ads