• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Release Sabre RPG 2nd Edition

Savant

Explorer
sabrelogo_colour.jpg
I'd like to announce the Sabre RPG System 2nd Edition has been rolling out for the past few weeks at DTRPG! It's a system built on foundations of realism, smooth play and flexibility, featuring a skill-based d100 core with passive talents, active manoeuvres, in-game "on-the-spot" character advancement and a simple but powerful magic system.

It comes in Fantasy and Scifi varieties, with a Bestiary for fantasy monsters and rules for Starships as well. Both are based on the same core ruleset, so you can easily mix-n-match for time travelling space cowboys in a medieval setting fighting dragons, space wizards of the future etc. There's vehicle rules for car wars scenarios, the works! Development is ongoing, but it's a stable system that's really come together! It's under the OGL, so there's a free basic edition of the fantasy system you can check out, plus a premium version with much more content.

scifi_2e_cover_sml.jpg
scifi_2e_starships_sml.jpg
SabreRPG_2e_fantasy_basic_mid.jpg
SabreRPG_2e_bestiary_sml.jpg

Savant

Explorer
A quick update
:)

Things have been a bit crazy around here lately as Melbourne goes into a heavy lockdown. Coupled with the coldest winter in my lifetime and juggling a few jobs, it's been hard to keep on with work. Having said that, I'm still getting some done on the Feydwiir Atlas when I can, and it's starting to come together. It's also a bigger project than I thought it'd be, so there's plenty to do.

I've finished the updated maps today, with the overall style shown here:

aielund_sml.png.06667b8a061eca00068e3de902eafa3b.png

Anyway I better get back to it, stay safe everyone.

Savant

Explorer
Hi everyone, I had a bit of a hiatus after burning out a bit this year, but I've put together an update for the system and written up a small devblog (here) to cover what's new. TL;DR, a faster and easier method to calculate character Threat Levels, a number of small fixes and refinements, and a new fantasy race to try! Also, starting work on a GM guide to help people run sabre games, a requested item ;) Stay safe guys.

Savant

Explorer
Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that a 3rd edition of Sabre is well underway! The two main manuals (scifi and fantasy) are 95% complete, and I'm mostly building npc templates lately for our beta games. There's still some art I need to do as well, including finishing off the bestiary art (finally!) The main aim of 3e is to simplify the system, but also to allow print-on-demand versions to happen as well. I want a nice set of hardcover books to sit on my shelf! So I'm pulling out all the stops to make this a sleek and beautiful system, and it's coming along really well :) Here's a sample of the fantasy style, with art that blends into the parchment background. ETA is probably March next year.

race-art.jpg

Remove ads