• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sacrificial Bunnies (Warlock curse question)

Oni

First Post
So you can't get soul shards from grey level creatures?

I kid, though that used to annoy me. ><

Actually it does give me an idea, what do you think it would do to game balance if you were to allow a lock to use a move action or a standard action to shard a kill so that he could use a pact boon at a specific time more under his control (with perhaps a hard limit on how many shards could be held at once maybe 1 heroic, 2 paragon, 3 epic or something to that extent).

Simm

First Post
Although the sack of bunnies is facitous the basic point remains. I'm a warlock who needs to teleport, I see an innocent bystander (human minion 2), kill him, and teleport. Certainly not good but effective in urban settings.

kaomera

Explorer
On Puget Sound said:
Alternate solution: The terrifying beings whose Pact grants you your powers are amused by your presumption in trying to use bunnies as a worthy foe, and decide to make your imaginings come true. With a loud clang, the cage pops open and ravenous rabbits with huge teeth leap out and attack the party. See Monty Python for stat blocks.
This. If my players want to try this trick I would be more than happy to oblige them by rendering the bunnies (what I consider) a legitimate threat.

Kyrail

First Post
Simm said:
Although the sack of bunnies is facitous the basic point remains. I'm a warlock who needs to teleport, I see an innocent bystander (human minion 2), kill him, and teleport. Certainly not good but effective in urban settings.

Bystanders aren't human minions 2.

They're goblin bait.

Cadfan

First Post
My simple solution to these problems-

Any large quantity of small, furry animals kept for the purpose of ritual sacrifice in an effort to gain cheesy rules advantages, whether by means of Great Cleave or warlock curse boons, immediately amalgamates into a solo "enemy" of a level equal to the character +4, utilizing the swarm rules.

Suzy, the Goddess of Fluffy Bunnies, doesn't take kindly to this sort of thing.

grolch

First Post
nearest enemy you can see, carry them around and the bunny is always nearest and in sight. talk about NPC ridicule.
If he is carrying them around he is never using his curse on anyone else, go go striker....

Regicide

Banned
Banned
I guess that explains Harry Potter. It wasn't his Mother's love that saved him, it was the fact that as a baby he wasn't a credible threat.

WOLead

First Post
Heh, the DM could rule that using Warlock's Curse on a Bunny causes it to mutate as the forces behind the Pact take over such a weak creature. Wouldn't work on minions, but a nice way to get around that one player attempting to get around the legitimate threat ruling.
For Warlocks, the Pact makes the take-over slightly different for each. They accidentally summon an essence from their Warlock's Curse into the poor pitiful creature from their Pact, making each one different.

Star Pact Warlock:
Cthulhu-Bunny Elite-Solo ?? Level:
Thingthathshouldntbe
-Insane rambling inserted here-
Immediate Interruption(At-Will): When Looked At
Target: Anyone who sees Cthulhu-Bunny
Attack: +40 vs. Will
Hit: The target is rendered insane and catatonic mumbling about unspeakable fluffy horrors out to get him, permanently.

Infernal Pact Warlock:
Bunny of Caerbannog Elite-Solo ?? Level:
AARRGH!
-The attacker will loose their head due to your cuteness.-
Immediate Interruption(At-Will): Bunny of Caerbannog is attacked in anyway except by the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch thrown on the count of three.
Target: The attacker
Effect: The target dies
Special: If the Holy Hand Grenade is thrown on a count before or after three, the attacker is still vulnerable to AARRGH!!

Fey Pact Warlock:
White Rabbit Elite-Solo ?? Level:
Imlateohnoimlate
-Well, look at the time-
Immediate Reaction(At-Will): When Summoned
Target: The Summoner
Effect: You drag the target down a Rabbit Hole that appears out of no where, which disappears behind you and the target. You are unsummoned and the target disappears for 1d10 days and then reappear in the same spot helpless, prone, slowed, and weakened for 1d10 days for each status. The target is also under the effects of the disease called "Magic Mushrooms and Mercury"

Magic Mushrooms and Mercury - Level 30 Disease
Attack: None, automatically succeeds from the White Rabbit
Endurance: Improve DC 40, maintain DC 35, worsen DC 34 or lower
The target is cured...that mental condition was there before anyways.
!
The target is dazed.
!"
Initial Effect: The target is dazed and cannot gain or use action points.
!"
The target is stunned. Other players must feed you, move you, and such to keep you alive as you cannot do any of these actions yourself.
"
The Red Queen comes by and the target looses his head, literally. Anyone else around just sees the target loosing his head for no discernible reason.

----
=P Such fun, such fun. Strangely, it took me a while to find a Feyish bunny/rabbit until I remembered the White Rabbit.

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Unlock the sacred box: Moderate Thievery
Remember the number to count to: Hard Religion
Throw the hand grenade accurately: Dexterity vs rabbit's Reflex

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads