• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sad day for Milwaukee gamers: Napoleon's is closing (merged)

Neumannium

First Post
Sad day for Milwaukee gamers (and others...)

http://www.jsonline.com/enter/gen/feb05/300289.asp

:(

Looks like a Milwaukee landmark is closing its doors within the next month.

I've been visiting Napoleon's since I started gaming (I learned about D&D there) back in the early 80s...

I know that during GenCon here in Milwaukee it was a haven for a lot of gamers from outside the Milwaukee area too, so I thought I'd pass it along...

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Neumannium said:
http://www.jsonline.com/enter/gen/feb05/300289.asp

:(

Looks like a Milwaukee landmark is closing its doors within the next month.

I've been visiting Napoleon's since I started gaming (I learned about D&D there) back in the early 80s...

I know that during GenCon here in Milwaukee it was a haven for a lot of gamers from outside the Milwaukee area too, so I thought I'd pass it along...
Just saw this on a mailing list. I've been to Milwaukee 3 times in my life. Two of those times, I went to Napoleans. Hate to see it happen to a well-liked guy like that.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
It's a sad day when an old time gamestore has to close. Nice article, though. I hope he manages to clear his shelves completely with his sale so that he can get a good jump on whatever venture he tries next. Best of luck, Fritz Buchholtz!

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Oh man.. this is all my fault...

I move to Seattle, stop spending $150 a week there.. and this is what happens.. ugg

Man, I will miss that shop. Best of luck Fritz and Jason!

Jason Bulmahn
Associate Editor of Dragon

MarkAHart

Explorer
Farewell to Napoleon's, and best of luck to its owner.

I still remember going there on the Thursday before GenCon in 2000, just a day before getting my hands on a copy of the 3rd edition PHB...they had a copy of the book in the store to look at, but not to buy until that Friday. The atmosphere of that shop was just plain fun.

Ye shall be missed...

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I remember going there whenever I found myself near UWM. I never made it into the basement, but at that time I was probably too young anyways. The university must have changed a lot since I last visited. D&D was always hugely popular on campus. It is wierd to think of the place without Napoleon's down the street.

rpghost

First Post
Mark said:
It's a sad day when an old time gamestore has to close. Nice article, though. I hope he manages to clear his shelves completely with his sale so that he can get a good jump on whatever venture he tries next. Best of luck, Fritz Buchholtz!

I talked with Fritz yesterday and express my sorrow in his closing. I have arranged to help buy up his left over product after he closed so he can get some $ out of the last of it.

We're all the way on the other side of town (South West) but we certainly welcome everyone to our store.

James

To be blunt, that sucks. Napoleons was a great store. I loved going there when I lived in that area. Great selection of games of all kinds. Milwaukeans have certainly suffered a loss here.

Jaws

First Post
I used to go there when that was the game store to go to. But now there are other stores that have more what I like and are closer.

Napoleons was the place to go for wargaming.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Remove ads