Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Srapa is my favorite bad guy from this story hour. I realize he gets overshadowed by people like Mokad, Octesian, et al. but still -- Srapa is my favorite. It's not often that one lizard can cause that much trouble for a party of high level PCs!

I like to think that he has a clone waiting somewhere...

Everett

First Post
So they restarted the ritual where every little detail needs to be just right with a few dead bodies "piled in the corner"? WHAT? Shouldn't they have been moved to another room at a minimum?

I guess the ritual doesn't much care. Cor Kek's soul wasn't about to get up and interfere.

Don't recall Srapa. Sounds like a Slithzerikai name (Spiderweb Software's Avernum series.)

I guess the ritual doesn't much care. Cor Kek's soul wasn't about to get up and interfere.

Don't recall Srapa. Sounds like a Slithzerikai name (Spiderweb Software's Avernum series.)

Runny bits of gore and blood could run into diagrams painted on the floor in a most disagreeable manner.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Steel, to answer your question about group shots of the company, I'd love to see a family portrait style thing, say with all of us relaxing around the Greenhouse living room. Have you ever seen the Endless portrait that was done for Gaimen's Sandman?

Last edited:

KidCthulhu

First Post
Oh, hell yes he was bluffing. Mokad knew exactly how screwed he was, and was saying anything and everything he could think of to stop the ritual. Pretty much everything he said concerning the ritual, from the moment he was kidnapped, was a lie.

It doesn't hurt that Sagiro himself is one of nature's greatest liars. The man is scary good at prevaricating.

Everett

First Post
Runny bits of gore and blood could run into diagrams painted on the floor in a most disagreeable manner.

Yeah, but they just weren't going to, you know. The Black Circle had their try, they failed, they're done (for now). There wasn't any storytelling or gaming challenge in such a thing happening for Sagiro to present to the company.

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
So they restarted the ritual where every little detail needs to be just right with a few dead bodies "piled in the corner"? WHAT? Shouldn't they have been moved to another room at a minimum?
Regarding this:

1. "Ground Zero" of the ritual -- the altar with Praska's body, along with the inscriptions adjacent to it, were protected by a force bubble throughout the entire combat.

2. Most of the complex parts of the ritual were the spoken words and the thrown alchemical powders. The battle didn't have much effect on these, since they had backup supplies of the reagents.

3. Seven high level adventurers and three priestesses of Ell worked on the cleanup for over an hour. Stone shape and unseen servant can work wonders! Fixing up the wall with the holes and then re-inserting the poles was the trickiest bit, but three wizards with 24+ INTs can accomplish great things in a short time.

(Also, what Everett said.)

Last edited:

Everett

First Post
August 16th, 2009:

For the record, the Story Hour has now fallen about 30 runs and 2.5 years behind the actual game, which is still going but kind of entering the home stretch.

By which I mean we may only have 2-3 years left before it all ends.

Uh huh.

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
August 16th, 2009:

Uh huh.

No, really.

It's entirely within the realm of the possible that we'll be finished the campaign by August 16, 2012. It all depends on how frequently we play. My rough guess is that we have about 25 sessions remaining, and we play about 3 times every 2 months. That works out to about 16 months left, which would be May of 2012.

We'll see!

Everett

First Post
We'll see!

Well, just as a f'r instance, spending the morning zoned out re-reading older game runs while presumably at work, I noticed that dozens and dozens of runs ago, while they were investigating slavery in Djaw, the party found out that Tor Bladebearer had been mentally coerced into serving a rival army. Aren't there a LOT of loose ends like that to tie up before the game comes to an end? (And what will the endgame look like, anyway? Epic combat with the Emperor himself, perhaps? Aren't we supposed to see him in the flesh, soon?)

Remove ads