• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Siuis

Explorer
Seems pretty clear that Ernie would invoke the weapon's Glory only in a situation that calls for him to meet an enemy head to head, with the rest of the party providing backup while Ernie essentially fights as a Paladin would.

This is true. And didn't Ernie just drop some deadweight fighter levels? So this is a nice replacement to allow him to keep up the momentum.

My comment was more on my perceptions. Ernie has never been that kind of a character, never (as I recall) used a destruction or a disintegrate. Ernie is a darn awesome halfling who just so happens to occasionally be called upon to do his righteous duty. I can respect that. I just know that any effect that says "no more casting" freaks me out, but I am eternally a wizard.

Come to think of it, wasn't Ernie being a Wilburforce sort of a big thing? I got the impression that would be addressed at one point, at least like exposition. But I do not recall anything else about it. Am I misremembering? I'd reread the story hour but I've got some work paperwork to do and I know I won't If I start up again.

Love this story though. So much.

Siuis

Explorer
Hm. I want to say I expected a bigger resolution, but now I have vague memories of saying this all before... Alas, my memory. She is not so good as ice I had hoped her to be.

I must say though, I am continually impressed by the group's ability to be reverent towards the divine. That is something I have unfortunately been hard pressed to find in any gaming group I've met in person...

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to pop in to explain why there hasn't been an update in a while, and why they will be sparse at best for the next few months.

As some of you may know, I'm working (as a contractor) on a way-cool game called Card Hunter, which I hope all of you will try out once it's done. (It's a free-to-play game where you can pay real money for convenience if you want to, but you can play/compete just fine without paying. Check out the website! Plug plug plug!) This takes up a decent number of hours each week.

As probably very few of you know, I'm also writing a story/game for an outfit called Choice of Games It's a humorous (I hope!) space adventure, and the projected size of the thing has more than doubled since I took on the project. Writing this also takes up a decent number of hours.

Also, I have these two small humans running about my house, constantly demanding stuff like "dinner" and "rides to school" and such. As my incredible, brilliant, dazzling wife is off doing most of the living-earning around here, the general care and feeding of the small humans takes up a particularly large number of hours each week.

After I add in some time for a couple of indispensable hobbies (playing in Piratecat's D&D game, and playing basketball so as not to turn into a complete ball of pudding), I'm down to about 4.5 hours of sleep per night.

So, for the nonce, I find myself with no time leftover for story hour writing. I am certainly not abandoning it, and I keep waiting for a day when it's earlier than 2:00 AM when I'm finished with my other commitments, but it's looking more and more like such a day may not come until April or May or June. Every so often I chip away a little bit at the story hour, but I encourage you not to hold your breath waiting. I apologize for the lull, and still hold myself to my promise that the Story Hour will be finished at the fastest rate that life allows.

Thanks much as always,

-Sagiro

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to pop in to explain why there hasn't been an update in a while, and why they will be sparse at best for the next few months.

As some of you may know, I'm working (as a contractor) on a way-cool game called Card Hunter, which I hope all of you will try out once it's done. (It's a free-to-play game where you can pay real money for convenience if you want to, but you can play/compete just fine without paying. Check out the website! Plug plug plug!) This takes up a decent number of hours each week.

As probably very few of you know, I'm also writing a story/game for an outfit called Choice of Games It's a humorous (I hope!) space adventure, and the projected size of the thing has more than doubled since I took on the project. Writing this also takes up a decent number of hours.

Also, I have these two small humans running about my house, constantly demanding stuff like "dinner" and "rides to school" and such. As my incredible, brilliant, dazzling wife is off doing most of the living-earning around here, the general care and feeding of the small humans takes up a particularly large number of hours each week.

After I add in some time for a couple of indispensable hobbies (playing in Piratecat's D&D game, and playing basketball so as not to turn into a complete ball of pudding), I'm down to about 4.5 hours of sleep per night.

So, for the nonce, I find myself with no time leftover for story hour writing. I am certainly not abandoning it, and I keep waiting for a day when it's earlier than 2:00 AM when I'm finished with my other commitments, but it's looking more and more like such a day may not come until April or May or June. Every so often I chip away a little bit at the story hour, but I encourage you not to hold your breath waiting. I apologize for the lull, and still hold myself to my promise that the Story Hour will be finished at the fastest rate that life allows.

Thanks much as always,

-Sagiro

So what's with the pudding-phobic comment, huh?

j/k.

Do wutcha gotta do, Sagiro. We'll still be here.

RL always takes precedence and best of luck with your endeavors...yeah, ok, and with the small humans ;)

--SD

carborundum

Adventurer
Oops - put my comment in the xp-line :)

Do your thing(s) and enjoy them, Sagiro. I'll enjoy rereading the whole glorious Story Hour, and when an update arrives I'll be overjoyed as usual. Must dash now - small human demands warm white fluids again ;-)

Cervante

First Post
Good luck with everything Sagiro! :)

I also have a question for anyone within the group. What domains do all the deities have? Did you go with standard domains or just pick which ones seemed appropriate at the time?

Kaodi

Hero
I always love it when you update your Storyhour, Sagiro. But man, the way it sounds like you are going... if you get a couple of hours extra, sleep ought to come first. As long as you really want to finish the story I think we can all be happy knowing that it will happen eventually. I mean, Hell, some of us have been following your campaign for at least half as long as it was actually played. Even if you do not get back for a year, I do not think we should have cause to worry too much. Look after yourself, and we will see you when we do.

Remove ads