• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

carborundum

Adventurer
That's some sweet loot!

Love the way Ernie's death this time was so... routine. Two interns, a piece of tinfoil and a plaster death mask from the souvenir-shop later... :)

If he dies again he may just get kicked straight back and resurrected on the spot so he doesn't clutter up the Inn!

(or was Dolly annoyed more by the revenance than the deaths in quick succession?)

Everett

First Post
Glad I didn't check in until today, so I could read the search for Azhant, the battle and the aftermath all in one fell swoop. (It's been at least 3 months since I last checked in with Sagiro's SH.)

And because it's been so long, I can't say I have a single clue as to who the Travellers or Leantha are. Can someone fill me in? (Where they first showed up in the SH, plot function, etc.)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Aha! We were trying to remember what Ernie's third death was. For the life of me I couldn't recall. This one was a lot more perfunctory. I think it's because although the battle was deadly, it was really frustrating. We spent a lot of time discussing strategies that were quickly shut down by "it's immune to magic." That's why Dranko went to the extreme measure of whizzing on him... I was eager to goad him into a mistake. No such luck.

The loot was glorious, though.

The Travellers is the name for the "new" Gods who most of us follow: Ell, for instance. Here's an old web page with details. They travelled here while fleeing the Adversary.

Leantha was the Kivian goddess of Knowledge, now apparently killed (in a war against the other Gods after the Travellers arrived.)

KainG

Explorer
That was a great fight! And reading about the loot was surprisingly enjoyable. I'm also just a bit sad that Azhant bit it. From his brief appearance, he seemed like he would have been a fun long-term adversary against the party.

Richards

Legend
It's funny - I've been aware of this Story Hour for literally years, through having read Piratecat's "Defenders of Daybreak" Story Hour, but I had never read it. I tried to start it on several occasions, but in each case I was intimidated by its enormous size.
Michael Scott said:
That's what she said!
But one day I found myself stuck on a computer with nothing much to do, and recalled this Story Hour, and told myself I was just being silly. After all, I already knew I would enjoy it, having previously become a big fan of Sagiro's (not only of his parody songs, but also of his portrayal of Velendo, my favorite "Defenders of Daybreak" PC). So I hunted it up, found the handy PDF downloads, downloaded the first one, and had at it.

That was a little over a month ago. I don't have the luxury of being able to access the Story Hour at work (no doubt a good thing for my productivity!), but great swaths of my free time at night and on the weekends have been taken up with this fantastic campaign. Not only that, but I couldn't help passing on tidbits from the campaign world to my son, and about when I was halfway through the second PDF he asked me for the first one, which I still had stored on my jump drive. I just finished the third PDF last night and caught up to the most recent update here on this thread; he's about halfway through the second PDF and going strong. (And now that I've read all there is to read thus far, I envy him! Also, I can't wait for him to find out the original homeworld of the Travelers, as in our AD&D 2nd Edition campaign he ran a druid PC named Darvin the Wanderer.)

Sagiro, it's been said by many before me, but this is one of the most exciting D&D campaigns it's ever been my pleasure to experience. I stand in awe of your ability to mentally juggle and weave various plot threads together. (And you are truly a master of the cliffhanger as well!) And before I forget, StevenAC - excellent job on the PDFs! They have made an exciting read even more pleasurable.

You guys are a very lucky gaming group, and thanks to everyone for passing that luck on to those of us who stand in awe at the sidelines, looking on in wonder.

Finally, I have one piece of advice for Piratecat: now that Dranko has not only taunted a demon lord in his own throne room but also flipped off the Emperor to his face, I'd drop the pseudonym "One Slippery Squid" - if you really want to use a Djawish name, I'd recommend "Two Gigantic Balls." :)

Johnathan

Remove ads