• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour: The FINAL Adventures of Abernathy's Company (FINISHED 7/3/14)

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Hey everyone!

No Story Hour update today, but I do have an announcement of another sort. I mentioned some time back that I was working on a "choose your own adventure" story for Choice of Games. I'm happy to announce that my story -- Choice of the Star Captain -- will be available for downloadable purchase in only five days!

If enough people buy it in its first few days, it could attain a position of glory and prominence on various App stores, so I'd obviously be delighted if some of you decided to buy it when it comes out. It'll be available for Kindle via Amazon, iPads and iPhones via the App store, Android devices via Google play, and on-line via the Chrome store.

It's only $3.00, and you'll be supporting a good cause! :D (And you can try before you buy -- on the 25th, you'll be able to play the first couple of chapters for free on the Choice of Games website: Choice of Games

Thanks, and I'll be back again to remind you about it on the 25th. :)

-Sagiro

Sagiro

Thanks, Duncan! You're probably the very first person to buy Choice of the Star Captain; I hope you enjoy it.

To everyone else: you, also, are welcome to purchase my story, but if you're not sure about whether you'll like it, you can try it out for free! Just go here:

Interactive Science Fiction Novel | Choice of the Star Captain

I'd love to know what you think of it, and if you find any problems, you can use this thread to let me know, or just send me a PM.

If you decide to shell out the $2.99, you can currently do so at the iOS App Store, the Android market, or the Chrome store. It should be available on Amazon for the Kindle later today. If you buy the finished product and enjoy it, I encourage you to leave a rating and/or review somewhere. If you don't enjoy it, then I... what's that? You have to fold your laundry? So sorry to hear it!

If you're reading this, you actually played a significant part in Star Captain coming to fruition, since (I'm reasonably sure) my writing here is what brought me the attention of my publisher. So... thank you!

edited to add: there seems to be a compatibility issue with some Android devices, so perhaps hold off on that one until the problem gets sorted out. Sorry!

edited again to add: They've fixed the Android bug. Yay!

Last edited:

Shieldhaven

Explorer
I've played the Free Trial of Choice of the Star Captain so far. It's very entertaining, and there's enough content in the free part that I feel like I got to see some neat stuff. Thanks, and it's definitely on my list of things to buy!

Haven

ETA: My fiancee enjoyed the game quite a lot too!

Last edited:

Sagiro

I've played the Free Trial of Choice of the Star Captain so far. It's very entertaining, and there's enough content in the free part that I feel like I got to see some neat stuff. Thanks, and it's definitely on my list of things to buy!

Haven

ETA: My fiancee enjoyed the game quite a lot too!

Thanks for the good words!

I'd like to mention, while I'm here, that if I get enough sales in the first few days, I can end up in the "featured apps" section of various app stores, which in turn drives more sales, which eventually could elevate Sagiro's Star Captain Empire to the heights of... well, of something or other. Great heights, let's just say. :)

Gulla

Adventurer
Well, I bought it. It said they fixed the Android 4 load problem, and it works very nicely. Now to find lots of time to read more :)

Remove ads