• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sales of upcoming Greyhawk Ruins will determine it's future

Ranger REG

Explorer
Zendragon said:
Please let someone pull the plug on Greyhawk. I didn't like it on 1987 and I still don't like it now.
So? Just because I don't like iPod doesn't mean I should call for their extermination. Yes, only in my dream. :]

Zendragon said:
I know this is just my opinion, and some people still love it. I would just like to see more energy spent on a new, non-Eberron setting. I hope 4th will introduce something new. Back when Forgotten Realms was coming out, there was excitement. Eberron did create some excitement, but I don't feel it ever delivered. Come up with something new and interesting.
So, basically you want WotC to follow TSR by making too many settings for too little audiences (yeah, I don't see a mass population of Zendragons besides you). :\

PatEllis15

First Post
MerricB said:
I think, more than any other setting, Greyhawk is defined by its adventures, not its supplements.

Cheers!

Well stated Merric... While I play no where by GH, I'm content to not have a hardcover book for every settlement/province/Country/region.

I'll be buying it, and I hope that we see other similar treatments for GH that expand upon the world as the 1st edition adventures did.

Pat E

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I'm a fan of Greyhawk myself. The Adventure Paths have awakened my interest in it. It may seem like a setting book is a good idea, but how much info do you want? The PHB covers the deities and has the name specific spells for it, plus Paizo put out the four panel map. That is enough right there. I'll definetely be picking up the hardcover.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I think republishing the LGG in hardcover, with the timeline advanced to account for the canon changes by Living Greyhawk, would be sufficient for a lot of folks. LGG is long out of print, after all.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I'll be picking this up as soon as I can.

I'm not a Greyhawk "fanboi", but it was the setting that I cut my teeth on in my first experiences with D&D and I prefer it to the other settings I have tried. I accept that it isn't for everyone, and many prefer FR and Eberron. That doesn't bother me at all.

I still hold out hope for a Greyhawk hardcover setting that makes the flavor of the setting more accessible to gamers that don't have the luxury of a bookshelf full of 1E and 2E supplements. I own and appreciate the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, but it doesn't seem quite right for introducing new players to the setting.

Greg K

Legend
Frukathka said:
I'm a fan of Greyhawk myself. The Adventure Paths have awakened my interest in it. It may seem like a setting book is a good idea, but how much info do you want? The PHB covers the deities and has the name specific spells for it, plus Paizo put out the four panel map. That is enough right there. I'll definetely be picking up the hardcover.

I want the races as they were culturally under Gygax
I want valley elves.
I want the Rhenee.
I want the barbarian cultures per Gygax's notes in the 1e Unearthed Arcana (and that means ignoring the later retconning of one specific jungle region by a former WOTC designer)
I want all of the deities including those not in the PHB (e.g., Istus) written with the treatment they have received in core beliefs.
I want the greyhawk regional feats from Dragon.
I want organizations like the scarlet brotherhood
I want noteable NPCs like Rary, Tenser, Mordenkainen, Gord, etc.
I want a mini atlas of Greyhawk

edit: And I want it written by Gygax or Mr. Mona with the rest of the WOTC design team to keep out of their way so that we don't end up with another fiasco like the Dragon version of Dark Sun.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads