• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Salvage Operation IC Thread

Voadam

Legend
"Yeah, so is this a gnomish gleeman that's the talk of the bar? I've heard they're fine entertainers, using illusionaries to illustrate their tales and make their noses grow to ungodly proportions, though I've never seen one perform with my own eyes. Should be something to see."

Land Outcast

Explorer
Interesting, these people could... yes, most certainly

The beggar approaches his chair to the dwarf's table and offers

"Let me pay your dinner... along with mine" He asks one of the gnomes wandering around there to serve him something tangible to eat. The beggar's voice betrays somehow his appearence, a clear and strong voice, probably from someone young...
and his arms, altough covered with rags, are the strong arms of a yong man...

"So... you have decided to leave your previous ship?" his electric blue eye blinks rapidly, expecting some comment, or at least surprise from the patrons sitting at that table.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Alin's eyes squint at the non-beggar voiced beggar. "Strange one, aren't ya? Not a begger at all, I'd wager. Some skuldugery, then? Adventure, eh? With you and this talkative dwarf, we're halfway to a real story!" The lad laughs at his own joke.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Nicolai laughs along... "Not that I beg much, I'm new in the business and I'm already dreadfully bored of it..." he takes a piece of bread from the dwarf, and adds "hear me, you are without a ship, right?" before anyone can answer he continues "I can get you to glory and fortune, I know the path..." he shows a golden chain with inlaid gems around his neck, but only for a split second "But for that... we will need a ship to get there... to glory and fortune I mean"

He blinks repeatedly again.

Last edited:

Tonks

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I don’t know if H4H has left us already, but I am going to press on with the game and hope for the best. I don’t want to see the game die before the opening scene gets resolved.[/sblock]

As quickly as the crowd begins to speak of the gleeman’s arrival, the sound of shattering glass and a loud scream draws everyone’s attention to the door at the back of the stage. Coming out of the backroom, everyone can see the red stains on her hands and bottom of her dress, but the most obvious sign that something is amiss is the look of disbelief and fear upon her face.

Silence is immediate in the Pearl as everyone’s mind registers the implications of the scene before them.

hafrogman

Adventurer
For the first time since you've seen him, Kerwick's smile falters slightly as he turns to the stage. His voice comes out a little subdued.

"I don't think this is part of the act."

Before anyone can respond, he's off his stool and halfway to the stage.

"Miss, are you alright, miss?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Alin's face is both shocked and... elated? It's the excitement of the foolish, ready to throw themselves into things without thought of consequences.

The young man rushes the stage, his longspear in hand. He makes for the door to the backroom, peeking in to see what is the cause of the rucus, while keeping an eye on the dwarf and the girl.

Land Outcast

Explorer
As the would-be beggar is interrupted he first frowns but then...
No! dont tell me the boys have gotten to this town!
The man's face grows pale, his mouth open in disbelief...

Thinking he's just found the people he needs, he tries to stick to these individuals:
he motions for the dwarf to open a path through the crowd onto the stage, so that they can get there.

OOC: yes, his nerves are a bit skittish

Tonks

First Post
Kerwick was manuevering through the shocked crowd as best he could when the last stranger to sit beside him rushed past him heading towards the stage. However the sight of the man charging towards the panicked girl with his spear before him spurred the crowd into action as none knew friend from foe.

Blades are all quickly drawn and before Alin can reach the stage, he is hedged off by several of the tavern guests who block his path to the stage.

Nicolai sees an older gnome in a heavily stained apron approaching the stage from the kitchen entrance and when the server sees him she quickly rushes towards him crying in near hysterics. As he grabs her, Hastel screams over her crying to the two doormen, "For the love of the gods, get the Watch you idiots!"

Immediately the one on the left rushes out into the streets, his cries can be heard for a moment before the continued commotion in the bar drowns them out.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Kerwick scratches distractedly at his beard as he stands lost in the middle of the crowd. He'd peer around for a look at what was going on, but being a dwarf, he was a little short on viewing room. He wanders back to his stool, dodging and politely nodding to anyone with a drawn blade.

He speaks to him erstwhile companions over the commotion.

"Looks serious, but I have no clue what is going on. Hopefully the guards will clear it all up."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads