• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Salvatore to write format for FR TV Series

Tyrion

First Post
Cool. As long as Salvatore keeps the series faithful to his novels' style and isn't afraid to go with long story arcs I am very optimistic about this series.

D'karr

Adventurer
Well, I just wish they would have had a real writer for the D&D Motion Picture.

I guess what they mean of his involvement is that he will design the series "bible" not necessarily be the main scriptwriter.

Abel Kane

Explorer
Good deal, in my book..

Love him or hate him, his books did help define the realms and it is certainly better than having some corporate schill writing!

Hopefully, he will be open to new talent and fresh ideas and it won't become the R.A. Salvatore storyhour.

Here's hoping we have an awesome series.

David

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Beladan said:
Good deal, in my book..

Love him or hate him, his books did help define the realms and it is certainly better than having some corporate schill writing!

Hopefully, he will be open to new talent and fresh ideas and it won't become the R.A. Salvatore storyhour.

Here's hoping we have an awesome series.

David

I would love Piratecat or Sagiro or Nemmerle or Lazybones or Oghma or some other's story hour than Salvatore's one... ;)

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
I'm still not sure how this FR TV show will turn out. I mean... have seen the company's other shows (such as Mutant X).

They're not exactly "high-quality", IMNSHO.

estevans_lackey

First Post
Let's be frank...

Everything Fireworks has put out that I've seen is at best Mediocre (Ratrace). Then there is the bad stuff, Mutant X, which I might add is horribly bad. You might as well take a bunch of braindead, no talent hotties, hand them a extremely bad script and say, "Alright now. We want you guys to make the best of this."
I personaly think R.A.'s books are pretty fun to read but like D'karr said, he's writing the "series bible". I'm betting it ends up in the gutta....but if it doesn't, hey, cool.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Re: Let's be frank...

estevans_lackey said:
Everything Fireworks has put out that I've seen is at best Mediocre (Ratrace). Then there is the bad stuff, Mutant X, which I might add is horribly bad. You might as well take a bunch of braindead, no talent hotties, hand them a extremely bad script and say, "Alright now. We want you guys to make the best of this."
I personaly think R.A.'s books are pretty fun to read but like D'karr said, he's writing the "series bible". I'm betting it ends up in the gutta....but if it doesn't, hey, cool.

Look what these guys did to Andromeda, just as soon as R.A.'s out the door they'll just throw the series bible in the trash can, flip WOTC the bird and the show will bomb bomb bomb.

Henry@home

First Post
Does anyone know if Salvatore has ever had experience writing for Television? The world of limited budgets and merciless airheaded editors is quite savage to a writers' work, I hear.

Hopefully fireworks has assigned a team who is at least familiar with D&D. If not, I fear for this show, and I REALLY WISH HASBRO WOULD STOP GIVING RIGHTS TO COMPANIES THAT KNOW LITTLE OR NOTHING ABOUT THE PROPERTY.

At least in the D&D Movie, the Director played D&D as a kid, and had consultants that were familiar with it. (Dave Arneson and Grant Boucher, anyone?)

Valavien

First Post
Unfortunately they will probably have the usual cast of Charisma 18 people weilding large swords and spouting corny one liners. With a fair share of large cleavage to boot! One thing I liked about the LOTR movie, a serious fantasy movie for a change! Deathstalker anyone? But being R.A. It should be good as long as he has a lot to do with the show and it's not being cast by modeling agencies. Anyone remember Convington Cross?

Remove ads