Samaritan Trailer - Sylvester stallone goes all in on the alt-superhero trend

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
I'm not a huge fan of either Stallone or superheroes, but I'm intrigued enough to give it a shot.

IMO, most of Stallone's films are meh, but Rocky, Rocky II, First Blood, and Copland were all solid flicks in my book. Hopefully this will rank up there with them.

GreyLord

Legend
I'm not a huge fan of either Stallone or superheroes, but I'm intrigued enough to give it a shot.

IMO, most of Stallone's films are meh, but Rocky, Rocky II, First Blood, and Copland were all solid flicks in my book. Hopefully this will rank up there with them.

It actually looks interesting and has an interesting premise of the old Superhero who no longer superheroes and everyone thinks is dead. Been done in comics multiple times, but not many times in movies that I recall.

Also sounds like it might deal with aging Superheroes, a subject I think only Logan really addressed, where your abilities sort of get a little less as you get old.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

Yeh, I cant think of any terrible movies that I’d associate with Stallone and none better than First Blood and Rocky. He’s got a solid career of mid tier movies, its made him famous so he must have done something right

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeh, I cant think of any terrible movies that I’d associate with Stallone and none better than First Blood and Rocky. He’s got a solid career of mid tier movies, its made him famous so he must have done something right

And, he has a weird kind of range.

Anyone here ever seen the movie, Oscar?

It is a comedy - a variation on medieval commedia dell'arte scenario, in which Stallone plays a gangster trying to go straight in the middle of some personal chaos and the cops trying to nab him. It is awesome!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Based on the strength of the trailer, I'm willing to give it a try. I remember being very unimpressed by Stallone's films when I was younger, but his last few movies were entertaining, so it might be worth taking a look at this.

G

Guest 7034872

I like Stallone. A lot. And I like this trailer. Most of what the entertainment industry puts out these days interests me approximately as much as three-day-old unrefrigerated baba ganoush (hi, MCU!), but this one looks good.

Ryujin

Legend
It actually looks interesting and has an interesting premise of the old Superhero who no longer superheroes and everyone thinks is dead. Been done in comics multiple times, but not many times in movies that I recall.

Also sounds like it might deal with aging Superheroes, a subject I think only Logan really addressed, where your abilities sort of get a little less as you get old.
Yes, looks interesting. There have been many cases of someone "coming back from the dead" and using that to hide their identity, as a superhero, but I don't recall a "dead and retired" superhero.

Remove ads