• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

San Diego, CA - 5E DM LFG - play 1/mo. weekends

ForceUser

Explorer
Hi all. I'm a DM who is jonesing to run more 5th edition D&D.

I am 43 years old and I have DMed since 1987. I have played all editions except first, and so far the fifth edition is my favorite. I teach at an area college and have a family, and I play in other games. I prefer running homebrew campaign settings; my last 3E campaign ran for five years and transitioned to 4E before it ended. I value narrative, dramatic role-play, and grid-based combat, and my tastes include heroic fantasy, dark fantasy, "grim & gritty", and sword & sorcery. I have a fondness for running non-Eurocentric campaigns; I am currently running an "Arabian Adventures"-style campaign for my friends, but I am open to running something different.

If this all sounds interesting to you, I'd love to have a conversation via direct message.

Here are some story hours I wrote about campaigns that I have run: Vietnamese Adventures, The Cask of Winter

Here is a blog for a Legends of Anglerre campaign that I ran: The Last Vigil

The content behind these links is typical of the level of effort I put into my campaigns.

I am looking for 4 or 5 players who can play roughly once a month on weekends. Thank you.

ForceUser

Explorer
Update---I have three players now, and I'm looking for one or two more. If you are interested but on the fence about contacting me to play, here's a document to entice you---the campaign record for the other current game I am running, set in the same world. :)

Attachments

• CHRONICLES Istafar.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 378

ForceUser

Explorer
The campaign has begun! We had a great first session with three players, and I am looking for one more. We settled on a Ravenloft-inspired 5E game, set in the aforementioned homebrew, that began at 1st level. Here is the campaign map circa the end of the session---it indicates areas the players are aware of.

All of the current participants are over 40 and old friends. We'd love to welcome a new person into the group. Message me if you are interested!

Attachments

• MAP Red Forest Region.jpg
    MAP Red Forest Region.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 217

Remove ads