San Gabriel Valley D&D 3.5

Festivus

First Post
NOTE: Group is presently full, but feel free to get in touch with me if you have interest in the area.

I am looking to start a new D&D 3.5 edition game at my place. I am looking primarily for those who are new to D&D to play. I am a fairly new to D&D 3.5 edition DM, having last experience with good old 1st edition about 20 years ago. My most recent experiences with 3rd edition are running a Neverwinter Nights campaign for about a year, and running 4 players online via Fantasy Grounds through the Age of Worms adventure path for the past 4 months.

I now feel ready to tackle face to face tabletop, and thus I am looking for players who might be interested in a bi-weekly game on the weekends (exact day and time to be determined). I would like a group of 4-5 players.

I am thinking of running the "Savage Tide" adventure path from Dungeon this fall, and I have other shorter adventures that can be run until then.

I am freeway close, just off the 10fwy at New Avenue in Alhambra, CA.

If interested either post here, or on my forums at http://www.zackfamily.com or shoot me an email or private message.

Last edited:

Jamallo Kreen

Banned
Banned
I run Forgotten Realms -- Conan RPG

If you are looking for gamers in the SGV, I refer you to: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/valley_area_gamers/ -- gamers from the whole area drop in there from time to time.

I personally run a Forgotten Realms campaign (3.0) which will, in several months, take a detour to the Hyborian Age of Mongoose Publishing's Conan RPG (which is a d20 system game). The group board for my campaign is at: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Waterdeep1360 . My campaign is "low fantasy" (i.e., a fantastic game which strives to be firmly rooted in reality -- the reality of Ed Greenwood's Forgotten Realms), and that the Conan RPG is "sword and sorcery" (i.e., a milieu in which magic is rare and terrible). Be ye all warned that I have written a long introductory message -- in the Files section of the group -- to let new players know my expectations and what they can expect, too. It frightens off the dilletantes and saves the group from wasting sessions trying to integrate new players who drop out after one or two games.

Last edited:

Festivus

First Post
Thanks for the pointer, I will post over there as well.

I think part of the problem of finding gamers is two-fold, a) players not knowing where to look to find a game, and b) folks running games not knowing where to post to find players.

I'll keep plugging away and perhaps by fall I will have a group.

Sanackranib

First Post
I would be interested in meeting with you. Im an old school gamer with 26 years of gaming and DMing experience under my belt. Alhambra is pretty close as Im in West Covina. shoot me an email at sanackranib@msn.com and we can talk.

twilighttreader

First Post
I just moved into Upland and would really like to get involved in a regular weekend game. Anything opens up, or you hear of anything, please let me know. Thanks!

Remove ads