Sanctified half-fiend character

satoriviking

First Post
Hi,

I'm trying to create a character for a high level campaign and want to play something different. My plan is to play a sanctified half-fiend that is working hard to not only redeem himself in the eyes of his (new) God (already at least partly done) but also to humanity in general in his own round about ways.

I have a rule problem with this idea. The problem I see is that the Half-Fiend Template (MM p148) has a level adjustment of +4 AND the Sanctified Creature (BoED p186) requires a level adjustment of +2.

+6 Total level adjustment seems a bit steep for the power you get since the sanctified template takes away almost all powers from the half-fiend template. To me taking the sanctified template actually makes the Character Weaker (the special abilities he loses are i.m.o better then the ones he gets from the Sanctified Template). Am I missing something here?

I guess one way to see it would be for someone to have cast Sanctified the Wicked (BoED p106) on my character and that the spell gives the Sanctified Template w.o. level adjustment. Is this correct?

I am doing this for the roleplay capability and don't mind paying 4 level for the half-fiend/sanctified combo but I find that paying 6 levels is VERY costly.

What do you think?

/Satori

Sejs

First Post
Don't go by the straight numbers - if sanctified removes big chunks of the half-fiend's abilities, then it should remove a like portion of the half-fiend's LA, right?

It doesn't make much sense to have to pay more to get less. Work with the DM on a compromise that you both feel comfortable with.

satoriviking

First Post
Sejs said:
Don't go by the straight numbers - if sanctified removes big chunks of the half-fiend's abilities, then it should remove a like portion of the half-fiend's LA, right?

It doesn't make much sense to have to pay more to get less. Work with the DM on a compromise that you both feel comfortable with.

Yeah I think this is the approach I will take. I was jus thoping that someone else on this board had done something similar and/or could suggest a realistic compromise.

Satori

Remove ads