• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sandstorm- any questions?

Gez

First Post
A quick froogle search shows canopies cost between $20 and $1300, which is quite a wide variation. :D

The lich's phylactery costs 120000 gp and 4800 XP. I guess canopic urns will thus cost 24000 gp and 960 XP each... :] (Probably a bit more, though.)

Werther von G

First Post
Eremite said:
Boomerangs!

Alas there are no dire kangaroos or, even better, a desert-adapted dire koala (drop bear) but I'm sure they would be easy to stat up....

The drop bear is statted up in the d20 Modern Menace Manual.

Eremite

Explorer
Osieu said:
Would you plz tell me the price of the canopy or any other interesting details about it?

The price of the canopic jars is 20,000 gp which, I presume, is for each one.

How dose the dry lich turn victims into salt mummy and sand golem?

Actually, the dry lich can't do this: the ability to create salt mummies and sand golems is specific to the Walker in the Waste prestige class. The salt mummy, of course, needs a corpse to work on; the sand golem is simply made out of sand (and magical "stuff").

Does it have any other ability different from a normal lich (besides those abilities mentioned in previous posts)?

SA: Aura of Despair, Constitution Drain.
SQ: DR 10/bludgeoning and magic, Fast Healing, Immunities, Turn Resistance, Unholy Toughness, Water Weakness.

Is it possible for a arcane caster to become a Walker in the Waste? Or it's only for divine caster?

No as the prerequisite, as written, is the ability to cast certain spells as divine spells.

By the way, what's the monster Cursed Old One?

Actually, it's cold rather than old. These are aberrations that drain so much heat that they're cold to the touch and, if left in a not-so-warm environment, freeze themselves into great blocks of ice (that should give you a clue as to which picture in the gallery is the appropriate one).

Thank you in advance! And sorry for so many questions. :)

You're welcome and the number of questions is fine. ;)

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Jdvn1 said:
What's the difference between a whip and a scorpion-tail whip?

Well the Scorpion tail whip does 1d43 real damage for medium and 1d33 for small. (Superscript error: #3 Is the note for nonlethal). :uhoh:

On a crit only it does lethal damage and poison (large monstrous scorpion poison). Holds one dose at a time.

Last edited:

Snapdragyn

Explorer
Well the Scorpion tail whip does 1d43 real damage for medium and 1d33 for small. (Superscript error: #3 Is the note for nonlethal).

Drat, I don't think my FLGS even carries these die types! ;)

For Aussie critters, don't forget the bunyip!

Back to the book: Any good new feats or skill uses for rogues &/or bards?

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
Eremite said:
SA: Aura of Despair, Constitution Drain.
SQ: DR 10/bludgeoning and magic, Fast Healing, Immunities, Turn Resistance, Unholy Toughness, Water Weakness.
Well, that just adds insult to injury. My soon-to-be Lich has searched far and wide for a way to get Unholy Toughness and now this! Some Desert Upstart gets it for free and they even get Fast Healing! This means WAR!! ;)

Eremite

Explorer
Tarril Wolfeye said:
Well, that just adds insult to injury. My soon-to-be Lich has searched far and wide for a way to get Unholy Toughness and now this! Some Desert Upstart gets it for free and they even get Fast Healing! This means WAR!! ;)

IMC liches have unholy toughness automatically. Of course, the issue of PC liches has never come up so I'm not sure what I would do with the LA (although I suspect I would probably leave it as is).

BTW, dry liches have no immunity to cold or electricity FWIW.

Osieu

First Post
Tarril Wolfeye said:
Really? I thought this means you should start to make five canopic jars for your lich-to-be... or dry-lich-to-be. ;)

Anyway, what I want to ask is: Is it possible for a wizard to become a dry lich without being a Walker in the Waste first?

Thank you again, Eremite! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads