• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Santa brought me [THIS] Cool Gaming Stuff!

SWBaxter

First Post
Well, I gave my nephews (oldest is just under 5) my old computer, so they can play their Reader Rabbit and Tonka games without pestering any of the adults in the house. Now, I haven't turned that old computer on since I moved to Vancouver almost three years ago, and never got around to transferring most of the stuff from it to my current machine. So the neat RPG-related gift for me was finding a bunch of campaign notes, character concepts, etc. dating back to the release of 3E on that old computer, many of which I'd forgotten about.

It was particularly neat to read over my original 3E campaign setting, and realize it neatly tied together a bunch of concepts I'd been unsuccessfully trying to shoehorn into my current setting. Now I can stop trying to bang square pegs into round holes, and just put the stuff where it works. Neat.

Of course, I also found an old strip poker computer game that maybe isn't the best choice for the kids' computer, so it was generally a good thing that I looked over the computer first ;) .

No gaming stuff for me but my son got about 20 DDm figures in his stocking, the Blue Dragon Beginners set and some Dungeon Tiles. Also got Heroscape stuff that works with DnD well enough.

I think I'll go play with his goodies now......

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
A 12 month subscription to Dungeon, plus enough back issues to get all the Savage Tide AP. And, for those of you who gave me advice, my early X-mas $ went toward Lords of Madness, Cityscape (think I'll end up running some urban stuff), T1-4, A1-4, GDQ1-7, and those three 2E FR gods books.

Oh, and the unabridged Silmarillion audiobook. I love my wife. :)

Graybeard

Explorer
Santa (my sister in law) brought me the Complete Mage and Dragon Magic for Christmas! Now I just have to go out and pick up a couple of other things that were on my list.

Treebore

First Post
For myself I had a lousy Christmas thanks to my wife. Won't bore you with details, but many of you would consider divorce much more seriously than I did.

Fortunately, as I had promised to my kids, because the last couple of years had been very lean, we went all out for them. Spent over a $1,000.00 each on them. That would have been full retail. Fortunately my wife can not only do incredibly stupid things with money, she is awesome using Google Fu to find incredible prices on many things. So even though my kids got over $3,000.00 worth of stuff, we paid $1,100.00 for it. Got them many of the PS2 games they wanted, dresses, Yu-Gi-Oh cards galore, 55-Gallon fish tank with all the bells and whistles, and all kinds of other stuff.

So Christmas was excellent for my kids, which was more than good enough for me.

Besides, when I want something, and we have extra in our budget, I buy it. So Christmas is over kill for me. Its much more fun doing it for my kids.

Woas

First Post
Santa (Santa ... jeez don't any of you guys have Christmas Spirit anymore? ;) ) brought me those D&D Dungeon Tiles. I had added them as a last minute thing on my list just to fill in the page a bit and wasn't really anything special I really wanted. But I ended up getting them and they were 100x better than what I thought they were going to be. Very nice surprise.

I also finally got my own Settlers of Catan game and I also got the game Ticket to Ride which I forced the family to play. There was a lot of moans and groans from people who did not want to play thinking it was some long never ending game but once they got the rules everyone was getting real into it!

I also got Neverwinter Nights 2 for PC... but that games seems to be a victim to suck-*** publisher/developer support and does not even work with the 4 patches that have been put up in the past 3 weeks. Oh well hopefully that will clear up soon.

Remove ads