• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sarthel: City of Silver (aka first look at the Nerath map)

Mercurius

Legend
The good thing is that for those not liking the idea of WotC "revealing" the world around Nentir Vale, you can make of it what you want. Don't let canon get in the way of your fun.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Pay--SMACK!!

Congratulations. You posted a oneword-reply to a thread that talks about content you a) do not own and b) do not care about. You got one [1] obnoxious point. Collect more points by:

- Posting "havetobuy - bah" to threads discussing sourcebooks.
- Posting "haha - cards" to threads about the Fortune Deck.
- Sadly, dragonboob references no longer award points because of dragonboob shrinkage.

Collect your prizes once you have enough points!

10 points - +2 backscratcher
20 points - bumper sticker "Lolth = lol"
30 points - fake healing potion (cherry flavour)
50 points - bracers of offensiveness (5 hidden buttons with audio tracks: fart noise / "neener neener" / "all your base are belong to us" / "where are the cheetos?" / "he touched my dice!")

Sponsored by the American League for Whatever.

Klaus

First Post
Yeah, that's definitely a plus for a campaign set there.

It does make it harder for me to mentally just plunk the 'Vale down in another campaign world now though, knowing that there is all this other stuff it's connected to now.

It also kind of shatters the 'Points of Light' immersion for me. I liked not knowing where and how many Points there actually were. The inevitability of it is that as time goes on, more and more of the space between the points is going to be filled in, and eventually, there will be more 'light' than 'dark space between the points,' which, to me, is really what a PoL setting is about.

I still think it's cool, but it was a double-edged sword for me. :)

EDIT: Just re-read the parts that tie into Reavers of Harkenwold - fantastic!! The stuff in there would make an excellent Heroic Tier capstone adventure for players that got their start with the Reavers module. Love it.
Yeah, having stats for the big local boss of the Iron Circle means you have the tools to cap off the Heroic tier with an arc focused on removing the Iron Circle influence over the city. This could mean you enter the Paragon tier as possibly the stewards of the largest city of the region (and then you end the Paragon tier as the ruler of a restablished Nerath, from the shores of Dragondown Coast to the borders of the Winterbole Forest).

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
I'm disappointed that this article about a city includes no map of the city.

WotC really seems to hate maps lately, unless they're encounter maps.

Yeah, the mapping budget seems to habe been slashed good - which would explain the godaful map in the FRCS, if you think about it.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Nentir Vale is on the Northwestern corner. There's a small, red-bordered region there, which is where Sarthel is. The article says that the region barely 100 miles to the east of Sarthel is the Dragondown Coast.
There is a more detailed map of the Dragondown Coast in the front of the second points-of-light novel, The Seal of Karga Kul. It matches exactly the north-eastern shoreline of the blown up "Sarthel" region in the Dragon article. The body of water in the northeast is The Gulf of Kul. Other landmarks on the map include the Draco Serrata Mountains and the Lightless Marsh.

Remove ads