[Savage Worlds] Need help remaking character to better suit party. Mechanics and fluf

rfkannen

Villager
So my gm has a policy of us being able to remake our character before the 3rd session, and I decided that before that time frame runs out I should take the opportunity to make my character better suit the group (we made our characters away from table) mostly in terms of character build, though if you have any fluff ideas that would also be great!

The other characters are;

• a half folk with arcane background weird science and mcgyver (power: summon ally). High repair skill, the groups tech expert, no fighting ability besides summon, very squishy. Personality is a quite quirky science stereotype.
  • a dwarf with brave and hard to kill. High fight, high vigor, the meat-shield. Personality is big tough bruiser who breaks things.
  • A dwarf with arcane background miracles and liquid courage. powers; healing and succor. Very tough, the healer. Background is a bootlegger. Personality is hillbilly bootlegger.

the premise of the campaign is that we are members of the thieves guild, and each game is a heist to steal stuff or punish traitors to the guild.

My character is a half folk with arcane background(magic), and thief. The backstory is someone who dual majored in magic and political science at wizard Harvard. Stole stuff in order to pay for insanely high tuition. Basically an arcane trickster. I like the character but I am slightly afraid that since my character is a thief might make him a bit to useful and suited to campaign, I don't want to overshadow anyone else.

I noticed while we were playing that I was the only person with stealth (I had a d8) but also the only person with any social skill (persuasion is the one I had) or notice, both of witch will probably be useful for members of a thieves guild, and I only had a d4 in both.

Power wise I had shape-change (very useful I turned into a spider and scouted out our location before we ran in) blast (we have a barbarian type) and boost/lower trait (we have a healer)

edges were arcane background(magic) and thief.

So what do you think? I am willing to change my concept a little to better suit the party. What should my skill array be? what powers do you think I should take? Should I switch out thief for something else? Do you think being a thief type character is a thieves guild would overshadow the other members of the party (I do not want to do that)? How would you build the character?

edit; we are using the born a hero and multiple language variant rules. The books allowed are core, fantasy companion, horror companion.

Last edited:

Remove ads