Savage Worlds Rifts [OOC]

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Also, my new understanding is that I need to do over 21 mega-damage in a hit in order to penetrate their hides. Is that about right? I was thinking it was 9, since that was the MDC rating they had.

GreenKarl

First Post
There Toughness is 21 (9 M.D.S.), which means that you need to roll a 21 to do damage to them as the Pump Pistol does not have any AP. With twin Psi-Swords you have AP-2 so that brings their Toughness down to 19. If you had 10 AP it would only bring their Toughness down to 12 as that is there base +9 for Armor from their hides

Shayuri

First Post
21...dang.

I've been very lucky then...

May need to use the 'single shot' version of Onslaught. I can still manage another blast that way...

What are the rules for being in melee again? If I move away do I get nabbed?

CharlotteOz

Explorer
There Toughness is 21 (9 M.D.S.), which means that you need to roll a 21 to do damage to them as the Pump Pistol does not have any AP. With twin Psi-Swords you have AP-2 so that brings their Toughness down to 19. If you had 10 AP it would only bring their Toughness down to 12 as that is there base +9 for Armor from their hides

Gotcha, so mega-armor works the same as normal armor when mega-damage is flung against it.

GreenKarl

First Post
Yes, all Mega Damage and MDC do in Savage Worlds Rifts is act like normal Savage World's Heavy Armor. You need to deal Mega Damage to hurt someone with MDC rating. Thats it :)

GreenKarl

First Post
There is, if you look in the SW Deluxe book on page 77 - Withdrawing from Close Combat: Adjacent foes get one free melee attack at retreating character

Shayuri

First Post
Ahhh, ok. That sounds like a -bad- idea, since I do not have much toughness.

Better off shooting up close. Maybe improvving a close-in power. Multi-action penalty, but potentially more damage. Hm.

Remove ads