Save vs. Middle-Age group Labyrinth Lord game thread

Scircal

First Post
In this thread, we'll have posts for the game sessions for the Save vs. Middle-Age group.

Currently playing: Labyrinth Lord.

Last edited:

Scircal

First Post
Dust motes swirl in the cool breeze as the wagons creak over the small hilltop. The road slopes gently down toward the small village ahead. Several rows of thatched roofs stand above the low trees and other vegetation surrounding the buildings. Farm fields and pastures stretch away from road on both sides. And just beyond the village, the mighty Velverdyva River snakes its way south.

It's been a three and a half day journey here, and finally you've made it to Macroom. You had been making your way along the Great Western Road, taking whatever work was available, when in Asnath, you'd learned of a bounty put out by the Baroness of Kempton. The frontier town of Macroom has been plagued for months by a band of raiders led by a surly gnoll called Razgrak. The town militia was too undermanned and not well-equipped enough to stop him. With the soldiery of the Baroness and the Archclericy busy with other matters, a bounty of 500 gold would go to whoever could capture or kill Razgak and his band.

So, getting on as guards with the first small caravan headed to Macroom, you journeyed forth. And now, here you are. The wagons come to a stop at a small shed just outside of town. The wagon team leader shouts orders. "Alright, everybody out of the wagons. Time to unload." Porters climb out of the wagons, and a few young men rush out of the shed, and start of unload the crates, barrels, and boxes out of the wagons. The breeze has stopped and the afternoon sun warms the air. You get down off your perch at the back of one of the wagons just in time to meet wagon team leader.

"Well, boys, it wasn't as eventful as I was thinkin' it'd be along this way, but anyway, here's your silver. Don't turn it all into ale in one sittin'."

He hands you each a small leather bag. The 20 silver coins in each clink together. You look at the bags in your hands, and then at each other. You didn't spend much time getting to know the others taking the journey to Macroom, but assumed several of them had taken the journey for the same reason you did.

"We'll be here a few days, but by week's end we'll be headin' back to Asnath. You boys are welcome to head back with us, if you wish, for the same pay."

He turns to walk away, stops and turns back to you.

"Oh, ah, you can find room and board, you'll want to head to the west side of town. The Empty Flagon's over there. Best ale in town. Only ale in town, as a matter of fact. Other provisions can be had at the Rope and Barrel over in the same area. Gaol's over there, too, but I hope you boys won't end up in there."

The wagon team leader smiles and winks as he turns, and heads toward the shed.

What do you do?

usmcmak

First Post
Culas offers a smile in return to the team leader and places his newly acquired coins in his coin pouch. He then shifts his gaze to to Blargin and then to Nirgil.

"Gentlemen, shall we head to the Empty Flagon for our evening's accommodations and perhaps some food and drink?"

chin

First Post
Nirgil flashes a quick grin at the caraven master as he carefully knots the bag of silver and tucks it securely into an inner pocket on his tattered rawhide jerkin. A quick patdown releases a cloud of road dust to waft over his companions, as Nirgil carefully hawks up sandy gobbets of phlegm.

"Well, the next time one-a you boys can ride point, because I'd rather smell that ox's ass for 40 miles than eat one more mosquito. If that tavern don't have a hot bath then I guess it's the river for me...You think they have any nymphs in there? I saw a play once what hadda nymph..."

Nirgil claps Blargin on the shoulder

"Betya don't get many nymphs unnerground, hey Garbin?"

silentp

First Post
Blargin hawks a gob of spit onto the ground to clear his throat of trail dust, before taking a swig from the goatskin bag of booze perpetually hanging by his side. His mail gloves clink as his thick fingers squeeze the bag to shoot a stream of booze into his mouth.

Blargin's armor is dark metal and of dwarven make, well-worn but well-maintained. His shield--always within reach--is the same. Emblazoned with the crest of Clan Hammerskull, it appears to depict a skull being smashed with a hammer while a fish drowns in a mug of beer. On his back he hefts a weatherbeaten leather backpack. His faithful miner's pick, graven with runes, is securely fastened to the side of the pack. A scabbard is also strapped to his back, carefully arranged so that the longsword can be drawn over-the-shoulder in an instant. He hums a tune whenever he draws the blade, which is nearly as tall as himself.

Blargin's hair is coal-black and tied into braids that are then fastened into a sort of short mohawk. His relatively short beard is trimmed into a diamond shape with his moustache at its topmost point. His nose is large, sharp and square, and his skin is the color of muddy stone--except for his cheeks and the aforementioned nose, which are usually rosy with drink. His eyes are the color of two lumps of coal floating in beer.

He squints in the daylight. "S'a fine suggestion, ya fey nance." With a nod to the wagon master, Blargin sets off towards the pub.

silentp

First Post
Nirgil claps Blargin on the shoulder

"Betya don't get many nymphs unnerground, hey Garbin?"

"S'nawt many nymphs could handle straddlin' a dwarven keg, my boy. Prefer my maidens built like a dwarven stronghold. Stout, squat, and filthy as hell."

Remove ads