• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Say “No!” to white miniatures

Chase Skylark

First Post
Don't forget, you can make basic washes out of your acrylic paints, a bit of water, and pva glue. Wash em with whatever color in good sized areas, let it dry and wash it with nuln. Same idea just colored areas.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
From what I remember Quick Shade is like a premixed version of Army Painter Strong Tone. I use Strong Tone diluted to sometimes wash a whole mini to bring cohesion to all the different colors with that tone wash. Not sure if Quick Shade is dark enough to shade the grey primer...if it is, it should look pretty cool giving your mini a sepia tinted shaded look. I don’t dip my minis only because I like more control with a brush to move the wash pigments around.

Thanks. I'll get a bottle of nuln oil and try both that and the quick shade and see how they compare.

theairgod

First Post
Thanks for the tip. I'm new to painting minis and always enjoy picking up new tricks. So by shading first then painting your areas you wanted shaded will wind up being darker, correct? Is there a need to do any washes after? Using washes is where I'm struggling the most, so any advise is greatly appreciated. Would this technique work on the black Hero Forge minis as well?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads