• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War #1 Rescue at Rivenroar IC

tiornys

Explorer
Ah-shahran circles the battle, murmuring, Spirits of life, aid these warriors. Almost faster than the eye can follow, a wave of light green energy seems to rise from the ground at Ah-shahran's feet, then lances forward to mantle Magnus for a brief instant before sinking into him, while a smaller pulse jumps from Gorm to Freggo. It is suddenly crystal clear that Ah-shahran has been controlling Gorm, who barks once at Ah-shahran's gesture as his form fades into Freggo, granting his sword arm a burst of energy that translates into a vicious swing at the Ogre. Ah-shahran watches the attack intently, weighing his next move.

As Freggo strikes cleanly, searing another wound into the Ogre's flesh, Ah-shahran raises his hands, palms forward. A ghostly image of Gorm leaps forward, splitting into duplicates that charge the Ogre, leaping at the monster, sending jolting waves of energy as they disappear into its form.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move: walk to AD16, no movement for Gorm.
Minor: Healing Spirit on Magnus, splash healing for Freggo.
Standard: Spirit Infusion on Freggo
Action Point: pending the result of Spirit Infusion--Twin Panthers on the Ogre (reflavored somewhat) (sorry about the reversal of attack and damage rolls, tried using the Favorites feature and ran into a bug)
Free Action: (if needed) Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes to aid Twin Panthers attacks, used on the first attack to miss.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 30/30 Surges: 8/7 Surge Value: 7
AC: 16 Fortitude: 11 Reflex: 14 Will: 16
Resist: 5 necrotic, 5 radiant Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 6 Initiative: (+2) 15
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 19
Action Points: 0 [x] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:

Actions:
[x]Standard
[x]Move
[x]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Spirit Infusion, Direct the Strike, Call Spirit Companion Twin Panthers, ??Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes??, Healing Spirit, Inspiring Word, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of the Healing Flood

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Ah-shahran circles the battle, murmuring, Spirits of life, aid these warriors. Almost faster than the eye can follow, a wave of light green energy seems to rise from the ground at Ah-shahran's feet, then lances forward to mantle Magnus for a brief instant before sinking into him, while a smaller pulse jumps from Gorm to Freggo. It is suddenly crystal clear that Ah-shahran has been controlling Gorm, who barks once at Ah-shahran's gesture as his form fades into Freggo, granting his sword arm a burst of energy that translates into a vicious swing at the Ogre. Ah-shahran watches the attack intently, weighing his next move.

As Freggo strikes cleanly, searing another wound into the Ogre's flesh, Ah-shahran raises his hands, palms forward. A ghostly image of Gorm leaps forward, splitting into duplicates that charge the Ogre, leaping at the monster, sending jolting waves of energy as they disappear into its form.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move: walk to AD16, no movement for Gorm.
Minor: Healing Spirit on Magnus, splash healing for Freggo.
Standard: Spirit Infusion on Freggo
Action Point: pending the result of Spirit Infusion--Twin Panthers on the Ogre (reflavored somewhat) (sorry about the reversal of attack and damage rolls, tried using the Favorites feature and ran into a bug)
Free Action: (if needed) Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes to aid Twin Panthers attacks, used on the first attack to miss.[/sblock]

Magnus and Freggo are buoyed by Ah-shahran's healing powers... the later kicks in to action and delivers a slicing blow which rips through the Ogre's armour and scores a terrible burning wound on the beasts back.

Following on two spirit panthers appear and launch themselves at the Ogre, the beast is at last brought down, the large cats tear at the Ogre and inflict a myriad wounds. In the last moments the creature paws at the spirit panthers, a futile attempt to get them off of him- his hands sink through the spectral monsters and he is sent to the floor still thrashing and bemoaning his end- the Ogre's struggles soon cease.

The Ogre is dead.

[sblock=Ah-shahran]Didn't need 'Memory of a Thousand Lives'.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Encounter #2 The Firestarter

Turn: 4

Initiative (* = Next to play)

23 Magnus
16 Kalimaru
15 Ah-shahran
Freggo*
10 Kyalia
6 Goblin #5
5 Freggo
3 Viator

HP & Conditions

PCs
Ah-shahran 30/26 Surges 8/7
Freggo 27/16 (4 Temp HP) Surges 9/8 +3 Fire damage all attacks
Kalimaru 25/15 Surges 8/6 (+1 AC/Ref +2 Speed- Enc). +2 All defences. Aspect of Cunning.
Kyalia 26/11 Surges 8/8- Bloodied
Magnus 38/19 Surges 13/10- Bloodied. +2 All defences.
Viator 26/25 Surges 8/7

Monsters

Ogre- 118 damage taken- DEAD.
Hobgoblin Archer #1- 42 damage taken- DEAD.
Hobgoblin Archer #2- 40 damage taken- DEAD.
Goblin #1- DEAD.
Goblin #2- DEAD.
Goblin #3- DEAD.
Goblin #4- DEAD.
Goblin #5- Hidden.

Actions To Date

Turn #1

Magnus- Move X17. Charge Goblin #1- Miss & Marked.

Kalimaru- Aspect of the Soaring Hawk (Speed +2 Perc +2). Perception Ogre. Move W14. Charge Goblin #1- Miss.

Ah-shahran- Nature check Goblins (new info). Call Spirit Companion X14- 4 Temp HP Kali. Spirit Infusion Kali- MBA Goblin #1- Miss. Call Spirit Companion AA14- 4 Temp HP Magnus.

Ogre- Move with cart AE10. Throw cask W21- Kyalia and Freggo- Hit both 6 Fire damage. Grab up another cask.

Kyalia- Move AD21. Quarry Goblin #3. Twin Strike Goblin #3- Miss & Hit for 2 HP damage- dead.

Hob#1- Longbow Kali- Hit 12 damage. Reload.

Hob#2- Longbow Kali- Crit 12 damage- Bloodied.

Gob #1- Shortsword Magnus- Miss

Gob#2- Move AB13. Shortsword Gorm- Hit- no effect.

Gob#4- Move V8. Shortbow Kali- Miss

Gob#5- Move AH15 (Cover). Shortbow Kyalia- Hit 4 damage.

Freggo- Brawling Warrior +1 AC. Move AD16. Charge Hobgoblin #1- Miss.

Viator- Double Move AI13. Far Hand Torch to Fire casks. Forceful Push- Ogre to AD9, with cart. Casks Explode!! Freggo 9 Fire damage- Bloodied & Hobgob #2 30 Fire damage- Bloodied & Hobgob #1 42 Fire damage- Dead & Ogre 30 Fire damage.

Turn #2

Magnus- Shift AA13. Reaping Strike Combat Advantage Knocker- Miss & Marked.

Kali- Razorclaw Shifting. Shroud Ogre. Battleaxe Goblin #1- Hit 8 damage Dead. Move (Stealth 9) V14.

Ah-shahran- Move Y17- Gorm AD20. Inspiring Word +1 HP Kali. Spirit Infusion Kyalia Longbow Hobgoblin #2- Hit 10 damage- Dead.

Ogre- Grab greatclub. Move AB10. Angry Smash Magnus- Hit 22 damage- Bloodied.

Kyalia- Move AE14. Hunter's Quarry Ogre. Twin Shot Goblin #2 Miss & Hit- Dead.

Goblin #4- Perception check. Shortbow Ah-shahran- Hit 4 damage. Move U6.

Goblin #5- Move AH20. Shortbow Kyalia- Miss.

Freggo- Move AD11. Aegis of Ensnarement Ogre. Burning Blade with Heroic Effort Ogre- Hit 18 damage.

Viator- Shift AJ13. Dimensional Scramble Ogre- Miss.

Turn #3

Magnus- Move AA11. Reaping Strike Ogre- Hit 8 damage & Marked.

Kali- Assassin's Shroud Ogre (2). Move U15 Stealthy- Success. Second Wind +2 Defences. Aspect of Cunning- Half damage. Activate Assassin's Shrouds. Charge with Power Strike Ogre- Hit 23 damage- Bloodied. Dual Weapon Attack Ogre- Miss & Shift to Y12.

Ah-shahran- Summon Spirit Companion Gorm Z12- 4 Temp HP Magnus. Spirit Infusion Magnus Warhammer Ogre- Miss & Marked. Summon Spirit Companion Gorm AC12- 4 Temp HP Freggo.

Ogre- Recharge Angry Smash- Success. Angry Smash Magnus- Hit 21 damage- Bloodied.

Kyalia- Move AA16. Twin Strike Goblin #4 Hit- Dead & Goblin #5- Miss- Elven Accuracy- Miss.

Goblin #5- Shortbow Kyalia- Hit 4 damage- Bloodied. Shift AI20 and Stealth (Hide) 22

Freggo- Delay till after Ah-shahran.

Viator- Perception spot Goblin #5- Fail. Dimensional Scramble Ogre- Miss.

Turn #4

Magnus- Second Wind. Steel Serpent Strike CA Ogre- Hit 7 damage (still Bloodied) & Slowed & can't Shift- Marked.

Kali- Charge Ogre- Miss & Aspect of Fox Cunning- Shift Y12

Ah-shahran- Move AD16. Healing Spirit Magnus- Surge & Freggo 4 HP. Spirit Infusion Freggo Longsword Ogre- Hit 14 damage- Ogre still Bloodied. Action Point. Twin Panthers Ogre- Hit & Hit 20 damage- Dead.

Freggo-

[/sblock]

The last Goblin, hidden from sight, gulps and calculates a path to freedom... maybe.

New Map-

036 The Nentir Inn- The Ogre is down.

Freggo then Kyalia to play- then the last Goblin attempts its break for freedom.

Goken100

First Post
Freggo contemplates and beats about the bush

Freggo watches as the ogre is brought down through his teamwork with the deva and his ghostly animals. He couldn't help but feel sorry for it. Sorry for killing an ogre? Odd... maybe this is part of being a hero too... Shaking off his reverie, Freggo sets off to locate the goblin who'd jumped into the bush. "I know you're in here somewhere. Surrender now and you may yet live... ouch! So there you are! Do you yield?"

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move Action: Move to AG:17
Standard as Move: Move through each space in bush, ending at AH:20 and attempting to move into AI:20, causing goblin to no longer be hidden from Freggo
Free Action: Let everyone know Freggo found the goblin and in which square - Now they can target the correct square, though he is still hidden from them.
Minor Action: Aegis of Ensnarement on Goblin
[/sblock]

Thanee

First Post
Kyalia

Kyalia lets out a sight of relief as the ogre drops to the ground. That was one massive problem solved for the time being. The elf then heads back towards where the last combatant is hiding, keeping her bow at the ready.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Move to AG17
Minor: Perception to find the Goblin
Standard: Ready Twin Strike against the Goblin, if he does not surrender but rather flees or fights instead.[/SBLOCK]

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Freggo watches as the ogre is brought down through his teamwork with the deva and his ghostly animals. He couldn't help but feel sorry for it. Sorry for killing an ogre? Odd... maybe this is part of being a hero too... Shaking off his reverie, Freggo sets off to locate the goblin who'd jumped into the bush. "I know you're in here somewhere. Surrender now and you may yet live... ouch! So there you are! Do you yield?"

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move Action: Move to AG:17
Standard as Move: Move through each space in bush, ending at AH:20 and attempting to move into AI:20, causing goblin to no longer be hidden from Freggo
Free Action: Let everyone know Freggo found the goblin and in which square - Now they can target the correct square, though he is still hidden from them.
Minor Action: Aegis of Ensnarement on Goblin
[/sblock]

Kyalia lets out a sight of relief as the ogre drops to the ground. That was one massive problem solved for the time being. The elf then heads back towards where the last combatant is hiding, keeping her bow at the ready.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Move to AG17
Minor: Perception to find the Goblin
Standard: Ready Twin Strike against the Goblin, if he does not surrender but rather flees or fights instead.[/SBLOCK]

With Freggo beating his way through the undergrowth and Kyalia waiting on with her longbow ready to attack... the Goblin has little or no chance of escape, and yet...

THUNK!

And that's the last of them...

All of the enemies are dead, the sounds of violence come to an end, you stand and listen, in the half light- evening is closing fast. The city is quiet again, the patrons of the bar are peering out- marveling at the size of the defeated Ogre, sneering at the fallen Goblinoids.

All is well with the world, or at least the small corner of the Nentir Vale called Fallcrest.

Minutes later a second contingent of the Watch are at the Nentir Inn, patching up the injured, Sgt. Thurmina you note is already on her feet, although her equipment is blackened and her skin in places burnt and singed.

There's a lot of activity, patrons heading home from the Inn to check on their loved ones- likewise loved ones from the city arriving to check on those at the Inn. Amidst it all you are thanked, patted, grabbed, hugged, kissed and otherwise made to feel like you are the heroes of the hour- which is as it should be, you are after all the heroes of the hour.

Drinks are bought for you, food is brought out- some semblance of normality returns- stories are told of Goblins on the streets of the city (no other Ogres mind), attacks on Watch buildings, minor fires, and casualties... and deaths.

Fallcrest however remains safe, in places the goblins caused havoc for a while, but for the most part the city, and the Watch fought back- and the fillthy humanoids fled, or else were slaughtered...

In the swirl and the bustle a well dressed man arrives at the Inn, a myriad fingers point from him to you, and he approaches.

Those of you who are citizens of the city recognise the fellow-

Council-member Eoffram Troyas is a high ranking member of the Fallcrest city council. He's known to be less prone to the traditional means of accomplishing important tasks. In a short time, he has established a reputation as an outspoken, and sometimes combative, public figure. A half-elf, he has shown little of his race’s good-natured tendency toward patience.

One of Troyas’s most recent controversial remarks was that he intended to use adventurers to aid in cutting down on recent bandit attacks in the Nentir Vale. Other members of the council—despite the city’s history and survival thanks to the efforts of adventurers—are dubious, but willing to give Council-member Troyas’s policy a chance—to fail.

Word has obviously reached Council-member Troyas of your actions. The assaults upon the city proper are a fresh outrage, especially to a man who lost many members of his family to the Red Hand’s assault more than a century ago. Troyas doesn’t have blind faith in adventurers, however, and clearly wants to meet you for himself.

As Council-member Eoffram Troyas greets you solemnly, he makes eye contact with each of you in turn. “I am considering something, and I wished to speak to you about it in person.”

“I am looking to hire a group of adventurers, such as yourselves. Many people have spoken highly of your actions during the attack on the city- I came here straight away to see what sort of people you are.”

“If you are interested in a little, ahem- 'action', then answer me, each of you, and truthfully so- why did you take up arms against the brutes that attacked our fair city? Do you fight for a cause, for money, for fame, or for something else?”

[sblock=Skill Challenges]

This is a Skill Challenge- in future I will probably not tell you when you are in a skill challenge, merely prompt role-play and ask for associated skill checks- but as this is our first time together. The Council-member it seems has a job, you need to convince him that you are the right people for the job- before you have even heard the task...

This skill challenge requires that you use your social skills, it suggests the following- Diplomacy, Insight and History; in future I may or may not tell you what skills are required to be employed, most likely not. That said for all skill challenges, providing you can make your case, then all skills are acceptable, for instance perhaps for one of the more physical members of your group feel that actions speak louder than words. So bench-pressing a table full of halflings (while they eat their dinner), with an Athletics check for good measure, would suffice in this instance to impress Troyas.

I'll say it again, it is your job to convince me that the skill you are employing can be applied to the challenge, and do not hesitate- write up your role-play, state what you are doing, and attach your roll- be confident.

Generally I play skill challenges like combat, although without the initiative order, everyone should contribute something each round, I realise some players are ill-equipped for skill use but you need to remember- if you can convince me that the skill can be used then it's acceptable. If you really can't think of anyway to make your skills fit then 'aid another' with a check- remember there's no order each turn but everyone must make an attempt to do something. Lastly you may be able to find ways to employ your powers, or feats, or racial characteristics in place of a skill check, be creative.

To recap, we play in turns- everyone gets a go, no exceptions.

Obviously you succeed at a skill challenge by garnering successes with your skill checks- you do not know what you have to roll to get a success, however I will make you aware of the situation moment-by-moment, mainly through the continued role-play, but also overtly in some cases. Likewise I will tell you when a dice roll is bad, and probably prompt you to make up the score with 'aid another' checks. Hopefully this will become obvious in game. Note good role-playing can gain you up to an additional +3 on your roll- it's a role-playing game after all.

A turn, in which all PCs contribute, is self-contained. Once all of the PCs have contributed then that turn is ended and successes and failures are calculated, my point is you cannot recover a failed check by continuing to 'aid another' on the next turn.

That said you can employ Action Points to erase mistakes and effectively take a new roll, the new roll stands however, and cannot be altered again, although it can be 'aided' by other players.

Finally, skill challenges require X successes before Y failures, I will not tell you the values of either X or Y, I will however attempt through role-play to indicate your status, as regards the ongoing skill challenge, hopefully again, you will be able to spot the signs.
[/sblock]

In the aftermath of the second fight you each receive 129 (which should put you on 259 XP each), you also get an Action Point. Feel free to spend Healing Surges or else beg Ah-shahran for Healing- this happens in the background, between the Ogre being killed and Eoffram Troyas arriving. Likewise if you have other questions then feel free to ask them...

But for now- Eoffram is waiting your replies.

[sblock=HP & Conditions]

Ah-shahran 30/26 Surges 8/7
Freggo 27/16 Surges 9/8
Kalimaru 25/15 Surges 8/6
Kyalia 26/11 Surges 8/8- Bloodied
Magnus 38/19 Surges 13/10- Bloodied.
Viator 26/25 Surges 8/7

[/sblock]

New Map-

037 The Nentir Inn- Eoffram Troyas

And good luck...

Goken100

First Post
Freggo hears the call to adventure but doesn't call it that

Freggo is a little dizzy at the whirlwind of activity. He isn't really sure what to do with himself throughout all of the celebrating and mending of wounds. He does have the presence of mind to shake the hand of each of his new friends and comrades at arms, thanking them for standing together and praising their teamwork.

When the council member approaches them with his questions, Freggo steps forward before he can stop himself.

"You're looking for a group of adventurers? I cannot say that I have known many people like that, but I cannot imagine that I would enjoy the company of such. People who seek out danger, violence, and challenge because they enjoy it and wish to live that way of life... well that's not me. We here today, we had a bit of an adventure, but we did not seek it out.

No, it was fate that brought us this "adventure" today. We had the training, the ability, and most of all the courage and will to do what needed doing. We defeated the terrifying assault of monsters on the innocent folk of this town because someone had to do it. And we did it because of who we are. Today, we were heroes.

For myself, I have wondered if the hero's way was my destiny. Today I have found that I am capable, and it is a good feeling. But it is not all glory and delight. And that too is a good thing. I can now say proudly, in the darkness of my own self, that I am no seeker of violence for its own sake. No, I am no adventurer. I am a hero. And if you have a problem that a hero can help with, I stand ready."

In the wake of his speech, Freggos eyes blaze with passion and he stands proud. Then he remembers himself and who he is talking to, and looks a bit sheepish. He quickly jumps in again before anyone can react to his brash speech.

"Ah, haha, I beg your pardon for getting a bit fired up there. I meant no insult. You see, you reminded me of a group of bandits that I have been told of who fashioned themselves as adventurers. Captain Cully was their leader, and their only goal was profit was to enrich themselves, often at the expense of others. They romanticized their lifestyle to be like that of bandit heroes of myth. But they were no heroes, not like Prince Lir. He was a hero because he served the greater good, and not just for himself. In the end, he did the most heroic thing of all... he let his true love go so that the world could see magic restored. So, ah, that is what I thinking of. I would much rather be the latter than the former you see. Freggo, a foolish young hero, at your service."

Freggo bows to the council member and sits down to let his friends say their piece.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Freggo spends 2 healing surges to get back to full
Action: Diploacy Check about Heroism
Supplemental: Can I use Heroic Effort to add +4, even though its not an attack or saving throw? Seems appropriate. :)
Action Point: History Check to support his speech with an historical anecdote
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
Freggo is a little dizzy at the whirlwind of activity. He isn't really sure what to do with himself throughout all of the celebrating and mending of wounds. He does have the presence of mind to shake the hand of each of his new friends and comrades at arms, thanking them for standing together and praising their teamwork.

When the council member approaches them with his questions, Freggo steps forward before he can stop himself.

"You're looking for a group of adventurers? I cannot say that I have known many people like that, but I cannot imagine that I would enjoy the company of such. People who seek out danger, violence, and challenge because they enjoy it and wish to live that way of life... well that's not me. We here today, we had a bit of an adventure, but we did not seek it out.

No, it was fate that brought us this "adventure" today. We had the training, the ability, and most of all the courage and will to do what needed doing. We defeated the terrifying assault of monsters on the innocent folk of this town because someone had to do it. And we did it because of who we are. Today, we were heroes.

For myself, I have wondered if the hero's way was my destiny. Today I have found that I am capable, and it is a good feeling. But it is not all glory and delight. And that too is a good thing. I can now say proudly, in the darkness of my own self, that I am no seeker of violence for its own sake. No, I am no adventurer. I am a hero. And if you have a problem that a hero can help with, I stand ready."

In the wake of his speech, Freggos eyes blaze with passion and he stands proud. Then he remembers himself and who he is talking to, and looks a bit sheepish.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Freggo spends 2 healing surges to get back to full
Action: Diploacy Check about Heroism
Supplemental: Can I use Heroic Effort to add +4, even though its not an attack or saving throw? Seems appropriate. :)
Action Point: History Check to support his speech with an historical anecdote
[/sblock]

Eoffram's grin is a mile wide- "This is the kind of thing...", he slaps Freggo on the back- hard enough almost to dislodge teeth.

"That's what I wanted to hear, clearly you must be the leader of this intrepid bunch... I'm so glad you were here, how the people would have suffered if it wasn't for the intervention of heroes such as yourselves."

Eoffram shouts to the bar staff- glasses are charged, and duly sunk- a salute to you.

"And you, you others do you fight for Fallcrest, or at your leaders behest...", Eoffram nods at a furiously blushing Freggo, "or was it the thrill of it all- are you danger seekers that delight in the kill? Speak now, or else show us your worth."

[Sblock=Skill Challenge- Impressing Eoffram]
By rights Freggo's efforts should be two successes (in my world- and with his Heroic Effort) but for now- one success, no failures... we press on. Delight Eoffram and the crowd people.[/sblock]

Goken100

First Post
Kali makes an entrance

Kalimaru keeps a low profile throughout the aftermath of the battle. Then the puffed up leader-guy shows up wanting to test them or something. And he thinks they're some sort of traveling troop with a leader and everything, hah! Kali smirks and decides to set this council-guy straight.

Keeping to the shadows and moving with the flow of the crowd, Kali rears suddenly beside the council-member and slams his hand on a table. "He's not my leader! I just met him today, though he knows his way around a sword I suppose. And you're not my leader either, to go demanding anything from me."

Kali grunts in satisfaction at putting the man in his place. "As you can see I could have ducked away and not gotten involved. But I don't much like to see folks get pushed around. And I happen to know a thing or two about goblins."

[sblock=Mechanics]
Kali spends 1 healing surge
[/sblock]

Last edited:

tiornys

Explorer
As the ogre and goblin fall, Ah-shahran seems to sway for a moment, then slumps slightly into his normal posture, and looks vaguely around at the group. The bigger they are, right? He cackles, then reaches down to scratch Gorm's ears as the spiritual dog materializes next to him. Guess it's time to clean things up.

[sblock=OOC, Healing stuff]Is it all right to establish a general rule that, in cases where we don't have time pressure (and can therefore take multiple short rests), each surge spent has a d6 attached to it that can either go to the person spending the surge (via Inspiring Word), or to any other party member besides myself (via Healing Spirit)? That would allow people to simply roll some d6's when they spend surges, without needing tedious back-and-forth with myself.

If that's all right, Freggo has a couple of d6's to distribute, which I think are best served going to Kali.

Skill challenge post to follow after I think things through; I wanted to get this bit of post combat RP in first.

Also, I'm spending a surge. I'll just roll 3d6 surgeless healing for Kali. edit: actually, since those first two rolls fully heal Kali, can the last 4 HP go to Magnus?[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 30/30 Surges: 8/6 Surge Value: 7
AC: 16 Fortitude: 11 Reflex: 14 Will: 16
Resist: 5 necrotic, 5 radiant Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 6 Initiative: (+2)
Passive Insight: 19 Passive Perception: 19
Action Points: 1 [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:

Actions:
[]Standard
[]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Spirit Infusion, Direct the Strike, Call Spirit Companion Twin Panthers, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Healing Spirit, Inspiring Word, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of the Healing Flood

[/sblock]

Last edited:

tiornys

Explorer
Ah-shahran stands, and clears his throat. Well sir, as those who have been around the Vale know, this is hardly the first time we've been invaded by goblinoids. And I know better than most! I fought those bastards the last time! I mean, not in this lifetime, I was a pikeman... no, an archer.... Ah-shahran gives a quick shake of his head. And bedamned if I'm just going to sit here while this town gets invaded! Again. I mean, have you seen what happens when a town gets overrun, and they come swarming over the walls, and.... Another shake. Bedamned I say! So me and my dog here, (Gorm materializing as he speaks) we took a stand. And I'll be fighting these bastards whether you hire me or not! Looking around at his newfound companions, he adds, This is a good bunch though. I'll probably stick with them. Someone has to keep these kids out of trouble! Cackling, Ah-shahran sits back down, scratching Gorm's ears.

[sblock=Mechanics]Ah-shahran is using History to add some relevant details to his mumblings about what happened the last time the vale was invaded. In character, he actually is accessing his latent memories, and he actually did live multiple lifetimes during the previous invasion. The check represents how well he's accessing those memories.

Also as a side note, I don't know how obviously Deva show signs of age, but Ah-shahran is, physically, not very old. His mannerisms on the other hand....[/sblock]

Remove ads