• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scales of War Wiki for DMs

SPOILER WARNING: This post if for SoW DMs only. Players look away now!

There have been several of complaints about the lack of a useful Scales of War overview from Wizards, and a lack of sufficient foreshadowing and effective linking between the SoW modules. Also a few errors exist that can trip up a DM that doesn't trawl the boards for information (looking at you, brass key and Murrik "Ironfell"). In addition as the modules stack up it becomes increasingly difficult for a DM to keep track of all those NPCs.

Thanks to Cailte on the Gleemax forums we now have a DMs Scales of War Wiki that's open for anyone to update. A number of contributors have worked on this so far, and it now includes an overview of the campaign (gathered from info currently available), a breakdown of each chapter (including synopsis, NPCs, locations, thoughts and continuity notes) and a full list of all NPCs to feature in the adventure path so far.

The skeleton and a good chunk of the flesh is there, but there's plenty more to add. The more people we can get to collaborate on this project the better it should end up, so please take a look and add your thoughts and comments.

Thanks!

Agamon

Adventurer
This is great! I was leaning towards forming my own campaign from different adventures and my own stuff simply because there wasn't something like this for SoW. I'll be sure to contribute where needed once I get into reading and playing. Thanks for the link!

Warren

First Post
Fantastic site. Quick question, where does the 1.5 Far Strider part come from, is that made up on your own for extra detail, or was that in a Dragon/Dungeon I missed?

Thanks.

Warren, the Far Stride section is a home-grown addition to the AP by Seamus, and a very cool addition it is too.

The idea is to give your players the Farstrider characters (from Siege of Bordin's Watch) and play through the highlights of their career. Then you switch back to your original party, play through SoBW, and find out what became of them. A nice change of PoV.

The fact that you needed to ask the question does suggest we should clarify that on the Far Stride page though.

I've added links to the lovely maps created for the first three modules.

If anyone has any suggestions for additional content please post it here and I can add it to the site, or feel free to go onto the Wiki and add it yourself if you wish.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads