• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands: Ask the Sage [New and Improved!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Tael,

No idea but if it is, must not be affected by it size to its relative 24 hour passing days.

Will

First Post
Er. For what it's worth, turns out I _did_ set the distance as 2500 Hedrad - North Crilos or 2000 miles from southeast Ghelspad to Termana.

As for size and day length... there's actually no real reason why day length has anything to do with size. Jupiter has an 11 hour day, while Venus has something like a 200+ day-long 'day.'

Last edited:

Nightfall

Make sense to me Will.

Btw you never did answer my question, do you know who did work on The Bloody Yardarm?

Harlock

First Post
Does anyone have many ideas on exactly what the Asaathi guardians are in The Jewel? Golems? Traps? I figure those, what else? Undead minions? I was thinking of taking my SL game to Epic Proportions, against my better judgement (not a fan of Epicness).

After reading the Ancestral Weapon feats and having a demigod-like sword just blew me away as a campaign option. I don't want it to be an entire Dungeon Crawl. Obviously if a weapon like that exists, the Asaatthi would be very interestedin it. Does anyone think there is sufficient motivation for the Asaatthi to be afraid of such a weapon? Maybe the powers that be right now are afraid of being ousted by new leadership? Is there a reason they might work with the party in secret to find this weapon and then hope they destroy each other?

Nightfall

Harlock said:
Does anyone have many ideas on exactly what the Asaathi guardians are in The Jewel? Golems? Traps? I figure those, what else? Undead minions? I was thinking of taking my SL game to Epic Proportions, against my better judgement (not a fan of Epicness).
Probably that plus elemental Princes in some instances. I'd also so Primal Elementals as well.

Harlock said:
After reading the Ancestral Weapon feats and having a demigod-like sword just blew me away as a campaign option. I don't want it to be an entire Dungeon Crawl. Obviously if a weapon like that exists, the Asaatthi would be very interestedin it. Does anyone think there is sufficient motivation for the Asaatthi to be afraid of such a weapon? Maybe the powers that be right now are afraid of being ousted by new leadership? Is there a reason they might work with the party in secret to find this weapon and then hope they destroy each other?
You weren't the only one.

FormidableDice

First Post
Hi Nightfall. Great thread!

I have just started getting interested in a Scarred Lands campaign. I?ve played generic homebrew campaigns for several years with my players. I would like to introduce them to Scarn.

1) What (minimum) materials would you suggest are absolutely necessary for a successful campaign with a scarred lands feel? So far I have Relics and Rituals, Creature Collection (Revised), and Divine and the Defeated.

2) Are there any modules (published or free) for the Scarred Lands setting?

3) With the plethora of information and plot hooks I?ve picked up from the above sources, any suggestions on where to start and what an overall theme or adventure plot could be for introducing my players to the feel of the campaign? (Sometimes I feel there is almost too many directions to go?but maybe that?s a good thing). :)

Thanks for your advice.

FormidableDice

Nightfall

FormidableDice said:
Hi Nightfall. Great thread!

I try. :)

FormidableDice said:
I have just started getting interested in a Scarred Lands campaign. I?ve played generic homebrew campaigns for several years with my players. I would like to introduce them to Scarn.

Excellent! :)

FormidableDice said:
1) What (minimum) materials would you suggest are absolutely necessary for a successful campaign with a scarred lands feel? So far I have Relics and Rituals, Creature Collection (Revised), and Divine and the Defeated.

Well so far you're on the right track. I would suggest also the SLCS: Ghelspad and SLCS: Termana to help both broaden your range and perhaps narrow down your focus. Strange but true. :)

FormidableDice said:
2) Are there any modules (published or free) for the Scarred Lands setting?

So far the only set modules for the setting are the Serpent Amphora saga. A three part module that I feel is pretty good at doing the whole setup for the Scarred Lands.

FormidableDice said:
3) With the plethora of information and plot hooks I?ve picked up from the above sources, any suggestions on where to start and what an overall theme or adventure plot could be for introducing my players to the feel of the campaign? (Sometimes I feel there is almost too many directions to go?but maybe that?s a good thing). :)

Thanks for your advice.

I guess it depends more on how you want your group to work. I mean if I could understand their and your personalities, what things you all enjoy, I could offer more insights into what I feel would best highlight the fun stuff for you. I mean if you want a high intrigue campaign, picking up Calastia or Shelzar would be a good way to go. On the other hand if you want some more dungeon crawling feel, Hollowfaust and Hornsaw offer the best for that feel as well. Like I said it would help to determine what highlights you and your group enjoy when it comes to RPGs. But those are my suggestions.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads