• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scarred Lands: Ask the Sage [Version 3.65729 with Upgrades!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well mine would be:

Not as many outsiders as you'd think... That is, summoning and bindings are mostly done by those that wish to serve evil powers like fiends.

Focus more on tangible goals, such as creating your own dominion in a place people might not want.

Warped and twisted places where things don't always work the way they are supposed to.

Lesser of the big name creatures (ie an encounter with a Dragon is epic compared to common place)

Undead hordes, they show up a lot.

Spontanous Golems.

Regarding your last question db, I'd say you might want to check out the Player's Guide. They give a better overview. Most people distrust sorcery because it comes from the titans. It's an inborn trait rather than a learning or a history like wizardry. PG: Wizards, Bards and Sorcerers goes into better detail but it's common seen that sorcerers are most often distrusted because they are tainted and most sensible people prefer clerical magic overall anyway.

Barbarians, spiritual warriors that tap into primal forces. Usually seen as uneducated but not necessarily degraded as such unless your from a superior military academy.

Fighters, the everyman aspect of a campaign. Without them and their skill in training, a lot of wars would be shorter and less likely to win.

Wizards, though viewed with skepticism, are considered a little purer since they are taught rather than born with the talent. Plus many people respect (read fear) their power on the battlefield.

Bards, story keepers, teller of tales, and often skilled in the art of diplomacy and occasional sonic attacks.

Sorcerers, see above.

Monks, believed to be trained and taught by one called the Perfected One to help in the fight to bring order out of Chaos

Paladins, holy champions of Corean's will and guidance.

Rangers, kindred woodfolk that live on the borders, helpful at time, fearsome as well. Often found in druidic company. Veshians love them rangers and Viligants.

Rogues, hey depends on what your skill focus is, but everyone needs em.

Clerics, charged with the word of their god, forces of change and bringers of the new order. (If your Titanspawn, you attack them on sight and in large numbers.)

Druids, part titan worshippers at time. Some times just believers in the power nature has. Depends on your PoV, but to most people, it's either you're with Denev, or if not, better have a damn good reason to be around.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Hey Nightfall, just two questions.

1) Have the guys over at Sword & Sorcery at all addressed the issue that their new Slarecian book will be outdated by the Expanded Psionics Handbook, which debuts in less than a month? I just find it hard to believe that a company that usually so on top of things is gaffing like this.

2) Any word on the book about the Scarred Land's cosmology? I'm eager to see Orcus bitch-slap Belsameth back to the dark side of the moon (for 1d4 damage no less)! ;)

Last edited:

Nightfall

Alzrius said:
Hey Nightfall, just two questions.

1) Have the guys over at Sword & Sorcery at all addressed the issue that their new Slarecian book will be outdated by the Expanded Psionics Handbook, which debuts in less than a month? I just find it hard to believe that a company that usually so on top of things is gaffing like this.

2) Any word on the book about the Scarred Land's cosmology? I'm eager to see Orcus bitch-slap Belsameth back to the dark side of the moon (for 1d4 damage no less)! ;)
1. No they haven't.

2. Yes, Edge of Infinity: Scarred Planes is due out May 3, barring any changes. However Orcus won't be involved since they aren't including the normal D&D archfiends. Doesn't mean he won't be in mine however! ;)

dreaded_beast

First Post
Cool! Thanks for the answers Nightfall!

Currently, I am using Creature Catalog 1 for 3.0. I went to the Scarred Lands web site to download the updated CRs for that book.

However, I heard that those CRs may be incorrect also, since the advent of 3.5. Know anything about this?

Oh and when you say "spontaneous golems", do you mean, like in "random" encounters, a golem just walking around? I was going to use the Bone Golem from the Creature Catalog 1, since it had a low CR, but couldn't find a good reason to have it in my last adventure.

Fevil

First Post
Spontaneous Golems are unique golems detailed in CC3: Savage Bestiary. They are constructs created by an overwhelming emotional effect on a specific environment e.g a Gallows comes "alive" when an innocent man is hung for a crime he did not commit.

jbush0

First Post
Scarred Lands Timeline

Would someone know where I could find a general timeline for the Scarred Lands? I am a bit overwhelmed by all the information in the various books, and would find a timeline that reflected the important information found in the various books helpful.

Thanks in advance...

Justin

Nightfall

At the moment I believe SLCS: Ghelspad has a timeline. But also understand much of the history of the Scarred Lands is kind of subjective.

Fevil is correct db, spontanteous golems are in CC 3. The CRs for the downloads are better than they were the first time around. CC Revised however not only fixes the CRs, but adjusts MANY, many errors such as Con scores for undead, and also fixes some the monsters into templates because they are better suited as such (like Unhallowed, Hags and Fatlings for starters.)

HonJull

First Post
This isn't exactly a Scarred Lands question, but it is in a SL game so maybe its in the wrong place, but I need help with one of my Monk players. He convinced me to allow the Drunken Master Prc (Think Legend of the Drunken Master movie with Jackie Chan) into the game, and I made him go through a bar fight in Shelzar among other things to gain entrance, but I'm having trouble coming up with a suitable way to initiate him into the order. Any ideas? =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads