[Scarred Lands] Got the Strange Lands book

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Ari,

I hope to see that then. (Doubtful considering the fact Web Enhancements from S&SS to Scarred Lands rare if any.)

Gez,

I believe since Dragons can fly...and some people can cast fly spells, (specifically, sorcerers), they probably fly around that part....or they have bridges.

As for the horde/hoard thing it just something that happens I guess.

Gez said:
Something else that annoys me -- the constant "horde" typo for "hoard"... I want to pillage the dragon's hoard without having to battle his horde, and not the reverse! :p

Was that a case of well-meaning automatic spellcheckers "thinking" it knows better than the writer? (See the "15-ft.-tall black salad" incident.)

I blame it on the antics of a malevolent tribe of keyboard gnomes who dwell on the White Wolf server (and have possibly expanded to my own router), and make frequent use of their "Corrupt Vowels" ability.

They're only CR 1/3, but damn, there's a lot of them.

Flynn

First Post
Loving the new book...

Good afternoon, All,

I noticed this thread well after it had run its course, but better late than never, right? I am responsible for the Skerrai and the Garamond.

The Skerrai I created initially for my own homebrew campaign, to serve as a replacement for the drow and mind flayers, and provide something new and potentially scary for the players. I am pleased to see that they were mentioned in the history section of Fenrilik, and I would have liked to have seen how they would have been developed going forward. Alas, there's always my own personal games, and now the games of others.

The Garamond was just a fun exploration of a creature using spell-like abilities from R&R2, to really take advantage of a spell my players had used to a high degree of success in my campaign. (Hey, PCs shouldn't have all the fun with Essential Blade, you know.)

I would love to hear about any experiences you guys have with these two monsters in your own games.

(Oh, and I am not responsible for the grapple issue for the Skerrai. As a designer, we are supposed to provide both the total and the addition to prove the numbers. Seems they got removed on everyone else's, but somehow was missed on the Skerrai.)

Enjoy,
Flynn

Flynn said:
(Oh, and I am not responsible for the grapple issue for the Skerrai. As a designer, we are supposed to provide both the total and the addition to prove the numbers. Seems they got removed on everyone else's, but somehow was missed on the Skerrai.)

@!&%*#$&!^#!! :mad: :mad:

All right, that one's my fault. (Or at least partly mine.) I guess my eyes were so crossed from developing so many monsters, I missed that.

Sorry.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Ari,

Don't worry. It happens.

Flynn,

Good work on both. Garamond I liked most because there deserves to be some flying lizard folk in Fenrilik IMHO.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Hi, I have had new book for about a week now.
I don't have very much comments, because I haven't had time to read it all.

However, it feels I like many new spells and monsters. Some of the spells, are, uhum, a bit too good to be true (one particular 6th level time spells, which name escapes me, comes to mind. Maybe because my dm banned it on spot, and he raraly bans anything).

Actually monster and spell sections seems generally quite nice, and it makes a bit sad, there never was those separate monster/relics&rituals books.

Flynn

First Post
Naming the Garamond...

Hehehe, let's just say I had been working on some document formatting when it came time to submit my idea, and the word was fresh on my mind... Besides, it sounds cooler as a monster than as a font, wouldn't you agree?

Enjoy,
Flynn

Remove ads