• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Scarred Lands] Knight Orders?

Acmite

First Post
The SLCS has the Gold Knight and some other Knight PrCs, but I've heard tell there are other knightly orders in other Scarred Lands books--specifically the Silver Knight and the Mithril Knight.

What books are these in? What is the minimum qualifying level? Are they neat PC classes, or more for NPCs? How easy would it be to port them to a homebrew or Greyhawk/FR game?

If someone ( Acmite casts Summon Nightfall IV ) could give a quick run down of t6he various knightly orders/paladin PrCs available in teh Scarred lands books, that would be great.

Last edited:

Acmite said:
If someone ( Acmite casts Summon Nightfall IV ) could give a quick run down of the various knightly orders/paladin PrCs available in teh Scarred lands books, that would be great.

I just checked with PCGen to make sure I wasn't missing any, but the only Knight type I could find was the Mithril Knight (from Mithril: City of the Golem).

However, I don't have R&RII yet (but being a magic book it's unlikely to contain much).

HTH

Duncan

Asmodeus

First Post
Ok, I'm no Nightfall but I will try my best.

Corean has 4 Orders of Knights-
Gold
Iron
Silver
Mithril
The gold and iron knights can be found in the SLCS
The mithril knight is in the Mithril city sourcebook
The silver knight is in Secrets of Societies

Also there is an order dedicated to Madriel called the Order of the Morning Sky. You could also include the Justicars of Hedrad though there no pres class for them.

Lastly there are the Blackguards of Lageni.

Enjoy

warpmind

First Post
Asmodeus said:
Ok, I'm no Nightfall but I will try my best.

Corean has 4 Orders of Knights-
Gold
Iron
Silver
Mithril
The gold and iron knights can be found in the SLCS
The mithril knight is in the Mithril city sourcebook
The silver knight is in Secrets of Societies

Also there is an order dedicated to Madriel called the Order of the Morning Sky. You could also include the Justicars of Hedrad though there no pres class for them.

Lastly there are the Blackguards of Lageni.

Enjoy
You also have the Keepers of the Eternal Flame, a kind of cleric/paladin of Madriel/Corean in the SLCS.

Acmite

First Post
Thanks everyone!

Can someone supply a few more details on the Silver and Mithril Knights?

What is their focus (raison d'etre)? What is the minimum qualifying level? What are the requirements?

What are your opinions of the two classes? Are they worth progressing in over a Paladin?

Edit: Corrected spelling

Last edited:

SSS-Druid

First Post
Sure thing.

Each of the knightly orders has a reason for being, based on the Code of Corean (which we will go into extensively in The Player's Guide to Paladins and Monks.

The Order of Mithril is charged to protect the weak and destroy the evil. Their prestige class is found in the Mithril sourcebook, but is due for a revision in PG:palMnk.

The Order of Gold is charged with healing the sick and succoring the suffering. Their prestige class is found in the Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad.

The Order of Silver is charged with protecting the physical world from threats from beyond it, such as demons and elementals. Their prestige class is found in Secrets & Societies .

Finally, The Order of Iron is charged by the smith-god Corean with perfecting smithcraft and using their knowledge to aid in righteous war; they are smiths and seige engineers with few peers. Their prestige class is found in the Scarred Lands Campaign Setting: Ghelspad.

Acmite

First Post
Great! Thanks, Druid.

It looks like Mithril or Silver is what I'm looking for...which figures since the only Scarred Lands book I have is the SLCS. ;)

When is the Paladin/Monk book going to be released?

Are they both 10 level PrCs?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well looks like the Druid filled in for me. (Btw I ignore all Summon Spells. Heralds have that ability don'tcha know? ;) ) Thanks Joseph.

Okay well the Paladin/Monk book probably won't be out until late 2003, since it will be the LAST Handbook to be released.

Silver Knights also tend to fight undead, but basically Dru was right, in that they are more specialize in fighting demon/devils and elementals. If you were to compare the Knight of the Chalice to Silver Knight, you'd see that a Silver Knight is NOT only much easier to get into, requirement wise, they do MORE against outsiders than most.

(Btw, Druid a revision eh? Not to heavy, I kind of like the way the class was done before too? I mean if you change "turn Titanspawn" fine, but not the Blade abilities I'd hope...)

ALL the Orders are 10 level Pr-classes (Meaning that if some nice developer wanted to, we could have Epic level Mithril Knight, Silver Knight, Iron Knight and Gold Knights running around! ;) )

Minium level for these Pr-classes ranges from 5-7 level, if your Paladin anyway. Straight clerics could also qualify for one of the Orders, Iron. Silver and Mithril MIGHT be out of their league, since Silver requires "Detect Evil" as a spell-like ability, and Mithril requires "Smite evil" as a supernatural ability. Gold requires ability to lay on hands and remove disease abilities.

But since you DID ask for the requirements, here they are:

Mithril Knight: (Subject to the revision I'm sure)

Base Attack Bonus +6
Alignment: LG
Feats: Weapon Focus: Longsword
Skills: Craft (weapon smithing) 8 ranks, Diplomacy 5 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 5 ranks
Special: Must have the supernatural ability "Smite Evil"

Silver Knight:

Base Attack Bonus: +6
Deity: Corean
Skills: Knowledge (arcana) 2 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 4 ranks, Knowledge (planes) 2 ranks, Spellcraft 3 ranks
Special: Must be a member of the Order of Silver.
Special: Must have Detect Evil as a Spell-like ability.

Gold Knight

Base Attack Bonus: +5
Skills: Concentration 4 ranks, Heal 8 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 3 ranks
Spellcasting: Must be able to cast cure light wounds
Special: Must be a part of the Order of Gold
Special: Must have the ability to lay on hands and remove disease

Iron Knight

Skills: Craft (armorsmith or weaponsmith) 8 ranks, Craft (seige weaponry) 3 ranks, Knowledge (architecture and engineering) 2 ranks, Knowledge (religion) 3 ranks, Profession (seige engineer) 3 ranks
Feats, Skill focus (Craft Armorsmith or Weaponsmith)
Spellcasting: Must be able to cast the divine spell magic weapon
Special: Must be a part of the Order of Iron.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Acmite said:
What are your opinions of the two classes? Are they worth progressing in over a Paladin?

Silver Knight is probably the best for fighting demons as well as outsiders/elementals. Course they do well against undead, but their real speciality IS demons/outsiders and elementals.

Mithril Knight is probably the "PREMIER" type of Paladin. Especially since you can do a GOOD number of smites per day. :)

I think it depends on what you want your paladin to stand for. For me, Mithril sort of sets the standard for Coreanic Paladins. Silver is more a tacturim demon fighter, but still a goodly aligned warrior.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads